Son House (Ukulele Blues)

Wow...this is 'stop me in my tracks' stuff

Man...I love your sound. Saw a doco recently and saw footage of Son House at the Monterey Folk Festival. Thank goodness someone interviewed him before it was too late. He had really good reason to sing the Blues.
You give me the same feeling as when I saw C W Stoneking perform...stops you in your tracks and you think "Who is that?".
Keep them coming, and can I ask a really dumb question?
The brass tube (is that right?) that you have on your pinkie...can you use that on any uke? Looks like you arent playing a steel blues uke but your average timber soprano? Is that right?
Love you style...very earthy..very John Butler-ish, CW Stoneking and it sounds like something out of the delta for sure.:worship::worship:

Man...I love your sound. Saw a doco recently and saw footage of Son House at the Monterey Folk Festival. Thank goodness someone interviewed him before it was too late. He had really good reason to sing the Blues.
You give me the same feeling as when I saw C W Stoneking perform...stops you in your tracks and you think "Who is that?".
Keep them coming, and can I ask a really dumb question?
The brass tube (is that right?) that you have on your pinkie...can you use that on any uke? Looks like you arent playing a steel blues uke but your average timber soprano? Is that right?
Love you style...very earthy..very John Butler-ish, CW Stoneking and it sounds like something out of the delta for sure.:worship::worship:

Dude,,, i luv the StoneKing,, actually, my next 2 vids are gonna be covers of "Charlie Bostock's Blues" and "Bread Maker",,ive seen CW play live a few times now and yes, i do base sum of my style on his,,you must be in Oz,,

For those who dont know who CW StoneKing is,, check this link out :eek:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hmuOifiX0F8
this man is a legend,, if your in Oz,, or if he's on one of his tours,, check him out,, a must see for any blues enthusiast
Oh yeah to answer your question on the slide,, i start'd a thread in tips, tricks and technique forum called,, Walk'n an Talk'n the Blues,, worth check'n out for any would be slider,, thanks man
Bro.D

Top Bottom