Interesting ukulele - can't find it.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
I saw this acaciakoa tenor ukulele on the Chinese AliExpress web site, made by Uku, model MISS-T-LT for $151 plus $27.95 shipping, but it's listed as no longer available. It's a beauty for that price, been scouring the internet to no avail. Anyone heard of this company or have any leads?

2 hole uke all.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, I found this ukulele. One of the companies on AliExpress, Hanknn, has a very similar design, so I contacted them and they say they have this uke for $180 including gig bag and shipping, so I'm going to order it. Just shows how much UAS has me.

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing it when you get it. It looks interesting.

At a price that low, it might probably be laminate wood. But then again, who cares, it looks bloody awesome! I hope it sounds as awesome as it looks.

Ended up costing $187.39. Should have it in ten days or so. The top may or may not be solid, I saw two listings, the one below, and another that shows Body Material: Acaciakoa (Grade A), don't know which is correct, but as you say, who cares.

Hanknn
Model Number: HK-V760D
Body Material: Solid Flame KOA (Grade A)
Bow Material: Nato Wood
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Back / Side Material: Flame KOA (Grade A)
Strings: Aquila
Bridge: Rosewood (Grade A)
Nut/Saddle: OX Bone
Binding: Rosewood + Pearl Oyster
Color: Matt
Hole: Double Hole Desige and Pearl Oyster inlay

Last edited:
While there are some differences in body style and headstock, it sure looks a lot like the Oscar Schmidt ukes (I have the ou5), which are all laminate and with the same Koa and abalone trim. I would much rather have yours though. While not the loudest uke on the block, the Oscars are sweet and resonant. My OS benefited greatly from Aquila strings. Good luck. Lots of great strings like Oasis, Southcoast, Guadalupe, etc. to try. Good luck with it. I contacted that company to price their Jazz uke. Looks like the old Gibson 175.

I have an Oscar Schmidt OU8-TLCE spalted maple, it has a dull sound with the Aquila strings that came with it, but I think the strings are dead so I'm going to change them to a set of Martins I have. I've seen flame wood with abalone inlay on a number of much more expensive ukes, and I'm looking forward to the 2 hole design, which I heard has more projection than the center hole style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom