LaBella Pro Series

Uke Republic

Reaction score
These aren't brand new but they also aren't well known. A very nice set of strings out now made with rectified nylon called the Pro Series by LaBella. They make a wonderful bronze alloy flat wound low G too. Pepe Romero now uses them as standard and also the Firefly banjolele has them on as well.
A nice article by Barry Maz http://www.gotaukulele.com/
Plus they have a cool logo :)
LaBella string logo.jpg

Aloha Mike,
Never seen or heard of them...mahalo plentee... have a nice vacation....and safe travels.. :)

Thanks for posting - I just placed an order with you! I've been wanting to check these out for a while but couldn't track them down anywhere that had reasonable shipping costs. I'm especially looking forward to trying that Low G string.

I haven't tried the Pro series strings yet, but have tried LaBella strings before. When Pepe Romero first started making ukes, I saw that he had them strung with LaBella strings. I figured if he likes them, why not give them a shot. I tried the No. 12 set (clear nylon w/wound 3rd) on my Pono, I liked them a lot and will definitely use them again.

I like them on my Pepes, but I haven't tried them on any other uke yet... Not sure why.

http://www.labella.com/history/

Interesting read on the history of LaBella. The ancestors of the current makers were putting strings on for Stradivari back in the 17th century.
We put some on the humble Makala Dolphin and Shark and have had very positive results :)

Just wanted to update: my LaBella strings from Mike arrived yesterday, and I immediately put the low G on my Kamaka concert. I'm really pleased with it - it might be the best low G string I've tried! I had settled on the Fremont "squeakless" low G but I think the LaBella is even more "squeakless," and the sound in combo with the other three D'Addario Nyltechs is probably the most balanced I've encountered for low G.

Thanks again, Mike!

Just wanted to update: my LaBella strings from Mike arrived yesterday, and I immediately put the low G on my Kamaka concert. I'm really pleased with it - it might be the best low G string I've tried! I had settled on the Fremont "squeakless" low G but I think the LaBella is even more "squeakless," and the sound in combo with the other three D'Addario Nyltechs is probably the most balanced I've encountered for low G.

Thanks again, Mike!

I have been using these low G's for a little over a year now, really had great results on any ukulele I have put them on.
No squeak, nice string life and well balanced sound.

Top Bottom