What should i get next uke wise?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
So on the list now since i just got my konablaster.
I need a tenor (acoustic or acoustic electric) and i need an acoustic baritone. I was thinking just to have around the house just to strum and write songs (which i could record with my konablaster) i would get a rogue baritone uke since their only 39 bucks on amazon. I know their a low end brand but i hear their ok for the money? does anyone have any experience with them? also on my list is prob a lanikai lu series tenor i already have the soprano version and frankly i have no complaints with it it plays/looks amazing.

I have some serious UAS but sadly im pretty poor so i can't collect them as fast as i would like to.

Last edited:
I can vouch for the Lanikai bari as a decent have-around-the-house instrument. Mine is $80, set up, with good strings. See the FOR SALE link in my signature.

I don't have a bari just yet, but based on my research, the Johnson's seem to be the best sounding of the "cheapo" baritones. They can be had for $59. Here's a used one like new, set up, with bag for $49 with free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnson-UK-...494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cd6fa42e

Nice deal on this Islander all solid mahogany in the Marketplace: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...lander-MST-4-Solid-Mahogany-Tenor-by-Kanile-a

I think im going to go for an affordable tenor such as kala or makala than save my ass up for maybe a vintage harmony baritone.

IMO best inexpensive tenor out there is a Mainland. I own a few high end ukes but after playing a Mainland, I will definitly be looking at one later on.

I think you need a blond maple F style Eastman 615 mandolin.

I started out getting one of each size too. It's fun. Now I'm all about tenors, letting everything else go, and trying to keep my arsenal at three ukes.

I can play some chords on the mandolin but to be honest i dont know why i never cared for how the mandolin played ( i dont like the super skinny neck) and never really cared for it's sound. I'm sticking to ukes :)

Sounds like you are not a good candidate to buy my mandolin. Can't blame a guy for asking.:rolleyes:

Butler Music on eBay are selling a load of Lanikai 21-B baritones dirt cheap at the moment. I have the tenor in this range and it's a nice little uke, lots of fun to play. My own recommendation for a baritone is the Kala SMHB solid mahogany - it's a bit pricier but sounds wonderful.

Top Bottom