Happy NUD!: custom Brüko longneck

we tigers

Reaction score
I missed the jangly sound of a soprano, but also wanted to have little room for my fingers. Enter longneck. This is a Brüko soprano with a concert neck. Full maple with a little flame in it (the Germans call it Riegelahorn) with fretboard, bridge, sound hole ring and neck stripe in walnut. Arched back for massive projection.
It came with an extra bridge saddle for lower action. Great service!

4EC73D8E-5AC6-4C17-B4BD-FD87316FA07E-3480-0000039CF6E065E4_zps65727ce9.jpg

I call it a CappuBrüko! Or a Brükoccino...

DD0CF69D-A880-4B61-B6BC-68FD4A8A4FC2-3527-000003A3E2207424_zpsaea9d51a.jpg

I immediately took off the Pyramid strings and put some Worth Brown on. Sounds a thousand times better and looks way more stylish. Well lush.

What a looker! Can't wait to hear some sound samples.

Congratulations Michael. That's a really good looking uke. I wonder how it sounds. Nobody can live without at least a soprano, so good choice!

Or Brükolatte :cool: you'll want that lower saddle :p

Stunning, congrats.

Can't wait to hear it in one of your wonderful vids.

Hi Saskia + Michael,
wonderful uke- Congrats- must have played this one, too, while at the shop in June.
Still need to put a Tusq bridge on and exchange the strings, which Worth Browns exactly did you put, please?

Hi Christian, these are worth BM strings. I might try some southcoast soft mediums today. I like those a lot and think they may soften the bruko a little without losing character.

Hi Christian, these are worth BM strings. I might try some southcoast soft mediums today. I like those a lot and think they may soften the bruko a little without losing character.

Will try those, thanks, Spruce/rosewood jacaranda with archbackis not quite as bright.

After just one day of playing it already sounds less bright and a little deeper. I'll leVe the browns on for a couple of weeks. First the little Brüko has to land and get used to living in Casa Tigra. I wonder how this opening up thing will develop.

Pretty -- I love flamed maple, especially with that trim. But I can't hear you!

Beautiful Bruko! (I think if I could trade my Bruko for another it would be yours -- the maple is so clean and, well, beautiful.)

I've recently gone through a string change with my Bruko, so if it's any help:

Pyramid to Worth CM = good
Worth CM to Southcoast medium = better
Southcoast medium to Worth BM = best

I'll be interested to hear how you like the SCs compared to the BMs.

Cheers.

Very nice and elegant looking. Quite stunning. Have a sound sample for us yet or still waiting for it to settle in?

Oh man. Those pictures are gonna help sell some brukos. I need another ukulele like a hole in my head and i have never particularly liked the sound of brukos I have heard in you tube vids. Never-the-less these pics had me browsing the bruko site for sizes and options. I am sure I was not alone. Beautiful uke.

schön! I need one now...

I'll let it settle in a bit before I start recording with it.
Thanks for the kind words folks!
For now I'll leave you with some extra eye candy. :)
2770DC8C-22EE-46A6-8B95-860C3C96DAD0-5108-000004CC31C4027F_zpsbeb3177a.jpg

As our friend Jon called it, "a shelfy"

Top Bottom