NEW!!!! Ohana Nunes inspired ukuleles

Uke Republic

Reaction score
We are setting up a bunch for pre orders, these have really been a long time coming but it has been well worth the wait.
Just a quick shot of the SK-28 soprano and SURPRISE!!! A concert CK-28
These are solid mahogany and have a wonderful tone. BRAVO Ohana!!!! Ace job on making these instruments available. Now back to the fun.
Ohana Nunes.jpg

Love it. Especially that concert version sure looks interesting. Another soon to be Ohana classic?...

What will be the cost of each, please?

These instruments are very attractive. Finally an Ohana that doesn't have the word "ukuleles" on the headstock. I wish they would just remove that word from their regular headstocks.

Finally! Been waiting for these for far too long. C'mon Christmas!

OOH concert! I lusted for the soprano, I didn't know they were developing a concert!

NEEEEEEEEEED!

These instruments are very attractive. Finally an Ohana that doesn't have the word "ukuleles" on the headstock. I wish they would just remove that word from their regular headstocks.

It has. The logo is behind the headstock.

I'd like to hear from someone who has experience playing a ukulele with a flush fret board. The look of this instrument is quite appealing. However I am doubtful of the practicality of the flush fret board. Wouldn't strumming scratch the finish off the body of the ukulele?

Hey Bill, I have several vintage ukes which are built this way. I don't scratch the finish at all. In fact, my vintage Martin has a lot of play wear and it has a raised fretboard. It just isn't a problem not having a raised fretboard at all.

Personally I like the look, and I like the reduced weight of the instrument as well.

This isn't a demo. Brought an SK-28 with me last night and jammed with a Mariachi band. Lots of fun.
On the flush fingerboard- It's great for rapid strumming as you don't hit the side of the fingerboard. Found that out last night.

Wow, is the soprano Holy Grail that I've been holding out for? Have to give these a closer look on the website.

Hey Bill, I have several vintage ukes which are built this way. I don't scratch the finish at all. In fact, my vintage Martin has a lot of play wear and it has a raised fretboard. It just isn't a problem not having a raised fretboard at all.

Personally I like the look, and I like the reduced weight of the instrument as well.

Thanks for your answer Ryan. I appreciate your help.

Bill

I got to lay my eyes and hands on the concert today during my visit to UR. BEAUTIFUL ukulele, fantastic tone.

Ken MIddleton may have a better idea on that daveey

Top Bottom