Unknown Banjolele

Alexbatten

Reaction score
i found this in the attic yesterday and believe that it belonged to my grandfather. i have no idea what make it is or how old it is or anything about it. so if anyone has any knowledge of this instrument and could tell me a bit about it that would be great.

thanks.

i can only get a few photos onto this thread so please feel free to look on my albums on my profile to get more pictures of the banjolele

IMG_0307.jpgIMG_0308.jpgIMG_0309.jpgIMG_0310.jpg

Those little pieces of Masonite under the tuner knobs looks like something a "grandpa" might "jury rig" to get them to function. I like the fretboard inlay. A little elbow grease and some new tuning pegs could get this baby looking sweet again. Many very similar ones for sale on ebay, Elderly, Antebellum Instruments, etc. Good luck.

Only by Stewart??

Was Stewart the only company the made the distinctive double f holes on the back? Was there also Ferry made them, or is that a model name.
I have two of them, but neither of my had the added value of being a family instrument. If you have pleasant memories of the previous owner, that alone can make it nearly priceless.

Top Bottom