Season 89 - The Zombie BODY PARTS Monster Mash!

GinnyT11

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zombie BODY PARTS Monster Mash!

Do you like the way the gym is decorated? It took hours to hang the spider webs and bats on elastic strings. We've got candy corn and fun-sized Snickers, and there are two kinds of punch. (The one in the pumpkin bowl has more punch, if you know what I mean.)

Our challenge this Halloween week is
songs with a body part in the title,
or songs whose lyrics are primarily about a body's parts
Note 1: Only human body parts.
Note 2: No songs about body parts that are covered by a bathing suit...but you knew that.

Some ideas to get you started:
Hair
Doctor, My Eyes
$20 Nosebleed
Beans in My Ears (Cha...?)
Talk Back, Trembling Lips
Put Your Head on My Shoulder
Roll in My Sweet Baby's Arms
Put Your Hand in the Hand
Belly Full of Beer (TCK87...?)
Knees Up, Mother Brown (UkeyDave or Daveey...?)
Your Feet's Too Big
It's a Heartache
Lazybones

Songs in languages besides English are welcome! Bring 'em!

SETUP
1. Submit one official entry, with a limit of 65 takes (ha).
You may submit many bonuses, but they must be new. (Put extras and old videos on Misfits Island.)

2. Ukulele front and center.

3. Say or make clear that you recorded your video for the 89th Season.

4. Multitracking is okay, but limit the scope—maybe just one harmonizing vocal or a rhythm track.

5. No songs posted until Sunday, 6am New York time, which is Sunday, 11am Greenwich Mean Time.
Challenge ends Sunday, Nov. 3, at 11:59 pm Hawaii time.

Newcomers are invited and very, very welcome here!

"JUDGING"
—There will be two winners based on my subjective evaluation of overall performance. (Note: This can be your best performance. I've been following Seasons since week 19 and I know most of your performance styles pretty well.)
—There will be one lucky winner drawn from a hat. Anyone can win!

Prizes still being determined. I need to head out to the landfill.

SONG of the WEEK—Monster Mash
In a new recording, bring on your costumes, extra players/singers, odd lighting, overacting, woodland animals, and weird-music tracks (theremins a plus!). OR PLAY IT IN AN UNEXPECTED MUSICAL STYLE.
I made a separate playlist, and a special winner for the weirdest, zaniest video will be chosen by my alter-ego:
insect queen.jpg

Seasonista Love
Please comment on more of your fellow Seasonistas' songs than you have in the past.
Just like you, every player loves to get encouraging comments. A tiny effort of commenting is greatly magnified in the receiver's heart...and everyone has a heart.

PLAYLIST

BONUS LIST

Monster Mash LIST

Last edited:

Here's an introductory song for this Season that I almost-learned today. The Db, Ab, Eb, Bbm, Ab, Db, Ab in the bridge is a harder nut to crack than I thought.

I was going to apologize for being un-good, but the fizzy Ms. Wendy (UkeCan1) encouraged me to press on, no matter what. So I shall admit that I loved singing this twilight-zone song. Behold: the un-good!

LOVE it! Have already compiled a long list of candidates, and got a positive ruling from Miss Ginnivere on one of my favorites.

"I Hold Your Hand in Mine" was the first one to come to my mind, but I see you have beat me to it! I might just have to add some harmonies with you, splendiferous Ginny! Kudos for jumping in with playful abandon to start off the Season on the perfect seasonal blend of the whimsical and the macabre.

It pretty sure won't be us, and it strikes me as belonging in the "songs you can't play on the uke" thread, but SOMEBODY MUST DO THIS ONE:

PLEEEEEEASE?!

- Fizzy Wendy (or as Ginny has dubbed me, Wendolina)

Here's an introductory song for this Season that I almost-learned today. The Db, Ab, Eb, Bbm, Ab, Db, Ab in the bridge is a harder nut to crack than I thought.
No reason you can't enter this in Season 88! Go do that. I'll wait.

This is going to be a great week! What a fun theme! Although, umm, you do know what these people are capable of, right???

great theme, great intro and intro vid

Sunday, 11am Greenwich Mean Time.
as a brit i would like to thank you for making that so UK specific. we have just gone back from british summer time to GMT, so this is on the button, i don't have to do ANY maths (that's english for math ;) )

GREAT theme Ginny! For the past year I had thought that if I were to host Halloween week, this is the exact theme I would have chosen. Many ideas, very little time. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I personally hope somebody does These Eyes by Guess Who, a personal favorite of mine and one which I just can't seem to get right.

No songs about body parts that are covered by a bathing suit...but you knew that.

Really? How about no songs about body parts that are covered by a bathing suit on the French Riviera? There's a great song by Joe Walsh that would fit this theme perfectly!

oh lordy i'm first with a vid

where is pa???

did i get the time wrong even with ginny's help?

can i even tell the time?

have i got the right DAY?

oh well, courage ma brave

let's just do it

here is my vid, "she has eyes" by L7

i can't see it counting as my best performance. unless L7 is ginny's super duper mega favourite band of all time. which they MIGHT be. but realistically, i'm putting all my hopes into being drawn out of the hat

Last edited:
Bird's Eye View - She Has Eyes - The early bird gets the first playlist spot! Nice one, Lynda. I particularly liked the increased tension and vibe at the end. Like the final flourish that makes the crowd go wild and be ready to catch you when you dive into the mosh-pit audience.

moved to bonus list instead

Last edited:
GREAT theme Ginny! For the past year I had thought that if I were to host Halloween week, this is the exact theme I would have chosen. Many ideas, very little time. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I personally hope somebody does These Eyes by Guess Who, a personal favorite of mine and one which I just can't seem to get right.

No songs about body parts that are covered by a bathing suit...but you knew that.

Really? How about no songs about body parts that are covered by a bathing suit on the French Riviera? There's a great song by Joe Walsh that would fit this theme perfectly!

Sean, I've also had this theme idea for a year, and each week I've been glad to see that it was not chosen.
I'm looking forward to the three to five songs you will post this week. :)

French Riviera bathing suits...hmm. I think Bikini Atoll bathing suits is as far as I'll allow.

Welcome to the Zombie BODY PARTS Monster Mash!

Note 2: No songs about body parts that are covered by a bathing suit...but you knew that.

My inner (OK- outer) ten year old is having a little tantrum over this, but this is going to be a smashing week! Eliminating naughty bits narrowed my field down to 300 or so...but I will manage :) Thanks for hosting Ginny- See you soon with a song

French Riviera bathing suits...hmm. I think Bikini Atoll bathing suits is as far as I'll allow.

It's just as well Ginny. I have a list of songs that would take me everyday until Christmas to work on already. Looks like there won't be much house work done around Casa de Ukedaddy this week either. My apologies to Ukulelewife.

Maybe it's just my laziness but why wouldn't you play D A E Bm D A? You could capo on fret one if it was a tad too low to sing although I am aware that is known as cheating in some circles.
Having said that I LOVE the video!

I was going to apologize for being un-good, but the fizzy Ms. Wendy (UkeCan1) encouraged me to press on, no matter what. So I shall admit that I loved singing this twilight-zone song. Behold: the un-good!

Top Bottom