Fantastic visit to Uke Republic!

taylorcrazy

Reaction score
After swapping a couple of messages with Mike at Uke Republic yesterday, two of my kids and I hit the road today for the two hour trip each way. We had a load of fun going up but the trip home was wonderful, thanks to Mike.

My pre-teen son and I have tenor Ponos that I bought used for us to learn to play together. One of my teen daughters has taken an interest but found the scale on the tenors too large. Thus, the trip today.

We found Uke Republic in a beautiful re-utilized old mill. Mike was an extremely nice gentleman and spent quite a long time helping my daughter find the sweet Mainland concert she loved more than the other 12 or 14 she tried. Fortunately, our search for the perfect case was shorter. Then, Mike kindly checked both Ponos to ensure they were properly set up. We spent some time finding the perfect strings for each Pono, an extra set of strings for the new Mainland Concert, and a uke humidifer. As we were checking out, I spotted a gorgeous Mainland "Chili" Soprano that is an exclusive to Uke Republic and even had a bag with it and was strung with Aquila Reds. I had to get it for my wife (and if she doesn't learn to play...guess who gets it!).

We spent the trip home laughing and listening to the beautiful tones from a brand new Mainland Concert.

This was a terrific day and a load of fun. I have been playing music for over 40 years and I have never had a better experience with anyone at any music store. Thank you, Mike and Uke Republic, for a day of memories.

Sounds like a great day out!
Stories like this make me envious. I'd love to be able to go to a big uke store & try out lots of different ukes etc. Then again, with my UAS issues, perhaps it's just as well I live at the bottom of the world (well, close anyway)

Congrats on your wonderful day out and on finding the ukes you wanted. Mike truly has earned the great reputation he has for Uke Republic. It's one of the reasons he's so popular here. His customer service truly is "second to none." It's wonderful you get to play uke with your kids....congratulations for that also. Hope there is a uke club near you.

Thanks for sharing your exciting day! Mike has always been very helpful and kind over the phone, too, and his set-ups are great.

Thanks to all for those kind words. We really love what we do. Its a great feeling to know you were part of someone getting their ukulele, knowing a lifetime of music is starting.
Always grand when people get to come into the shop. Ukulele players are really the nicest!
Thanks so much for all the nice people who visit us on our web site too and call us on the phone. Its a lot of fun!
Maybe one day see you at a uke fest or down at the Uke Republic. Hey that would make a great song ...

That sounds like a great trip Taylorcrazy. Now you know why every uker in the Atlanta area suggests that folks head to Uke Republic when they need a uke or, (as is often the case with all of us ANOTHER uke)!

Maybe you folks would like to come down here for some of our jams or open mics? Just follow Southeast Ukers (SEUKERS) on Facebook for the deets. We'd love to meet you.

Best,
Alan

Man, that sounds like a wonderful day. And I'm jealous. You got the whole family playing ukulele? Phenomenal! Now it sounds like Dad needs an up-grade (hint, hint).

I, too, have to jump on the "i'm jealous" train with you guys! Taylorcrazy, that is a wonderful story. I gave my daughter her first uke in 2009 when she was 11, she's still playing today. I'd really like to get her a new one but I really wish we could go somewhere trusted so she could try them out, find the ONE she likes and to know that it's set up perfect out the door (even though I do my own set ups on all my instruments including my Taylors!).

I wish we had a store like UkeRepublic around here!

Awesome store. Awesome service. Awesome guy. Awesome story. Pretty awesome thread overall really. :)

awesome-ly said Jon! :)

I too have had great experience with uke republic! Keep it going Mike!

Always an awesome time with Sailor Jim! One of the highlights of my life was visiting Uke Republic, meeting Mike and Donna, and picking out a nice Sailor Brand Soprano to take home with me. (Obviously, I don't have much of a life.) :)

I'm about three hours away from Uke Republic, but a friend and I are hoping to make a pilgrimage there after the first of the year. I'm in search of a forever soprano. Can't wait to go! For me, reading your story and experience just makes waiting that much harder!

Top Bottom