PDA

View Full Version : I very much dislike rude commenters on youtube.

Kateri
02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I really dislike those commenters that are just mean for the sake of being mean. I don't sing THAT badly!! :(

And it annoys me even more that these people NEVER have videos of themselves. Ever. GRRR!!!!!

*end rant*

Ukeguy510
02-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I agree. Most of these ppl are wussies though who hide behind a computer screen. I wouldn't let them get to you unless you know them personally (then you can just beat their *bleep*)

;)

rayan
02-23-2008, 10:47 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/docs/dickwad_choco.jpg

Kateri
02-23-2008, 10:49 AM
lol how appropriate. :P

i gotta admit tho. as silly as it sounds, sometimes it just totally ruins my day.

Misguided Musician
02-23-2008, 10:55 AM
gets on my nerves. That's why you get back by saying "You can't say anything, cuz you don't have any vids. Probably cuz you can't sing at all, or play anything. Am I right? Your just a talentless person wuss who critiques other people without even knowing about anything."-I took out all the cussing may I mind you.

Kateri
02-23-2008, 10:59 AM
lol every time it happens i'm super tempted to do that. But I rather just let it go and not start anything (which is really strange for me, I usually let people have a piece of my mind). I think I just feel that it's not worth it if you can't do it in person. haha

tsudawuda
02-23-2008, 11:00 AM
dont listen to them. they think theyre funny because no one can touch them. they probably have no friends. or cant sing. or have no friends because they cant sing.

Kateri
02-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Theres this one guy that keeps commenting on one of my videos, and he only speaks German. And then some other Germans started ganging up on him, but it was really annyoing having to babelfish everything. lol

Slick
02-23-2008, 11:30 AM
These people are just trolling for attention. Don't rise to the bait! They are like masochists and the best (worse) thing you can do to them is nothing. Ignore them!

Misguided Musician
02-23-2008, 11:38 AM
lol every time it happens i'm super tempted to do that. But I rather just let it go and not start anything (which is really strange for me, I usually let people have a piece of my mind). I think I just feel that it's not worth it if you can't do it in person. haha
haha true.by the way, I've never actually said anything like that.lol. But you have a good point. I was mad at this one guy who was badmouthing my friend with comments and it made me want to make a video of me saying something like that.

UKESTAR
02-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Never engage in argument with a loser. Clearly, these people are losers.

Link
02-23-2008, 08:44 PM
It gets to me as well. I used to have 30+ vids on my channel, most just goofy stuff to make my family and friends laugh. But the rude comments just got to me so bad one day that I took them all down. Probably shouldn't have let such morons get the best of me, but they did that day.

david98116
02-23-2008, 09:56 PM
It really pisses me off to read the negative posts I read on some great vids. If I don't like something I don't say a word. I think a lot of them have to be little kids or something because I can't see anybody of age putting such BS out there. I dislike the pervs out there too who see a perfectly good rendition of a song and all the can talk about is how hot the wahine is on the vid. Losers have probably never been on a date in there lives. Excuse me I think I'm venting now....I'll close here.:D

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-23-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/docs/dickwad_choco.jpg

this picture makes so much sense... i used to be like that to chris crocker hahaha but im over it now

Kateri
02-23-2008, 11:14 PM
It gets to me as well. I used to have 30+ vids on my channel, most just goofy stuff to make my family and friends laugh. But the rude comments just got to me so bad one day that I took them all down. Probably shouldn't have let such morons get the best of me, but they did that day.

Every time I get a crappy comment I contemplate getting rid of it or my videos. I think one day it'll just get the better of me. I haven't been putting up anything new anyway so maybe I'll just take down my own stuff and keep the jam sessions up...*sigh*

Orlando
02-24-2008, 04:01 AM
This is an unfortunate downside to the internet, people can be @$$holes. My friend and i make movies, and work really hard on them. We got many comments on facebook from people complaining and saying it was dumb. It got to me a lot more than it did to him, and he said something that made sense. It doesn't matter what these other people think, just that you believe in what you did and stand behind it with pride!:D

P.S.-You know what really gets to me? The deplorable quality of spelling and grammar on you tube comments. 3 in 5 comments want to make me scream.:mad:

Tim_Hatcher
02-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Kateri, I know what you mean. I only started posting videos about 2 months ago, and as I began, this is what I told myself...and constantly remind myself: "I know and accept that all along my journey there will be people who love what I do, people who loathe what I do, and people who are utterly indifferent--no matter how weak or strong my performance may be. I will not turn back just because a wave crashes across my bow. No matter how many waves try to push me back, there will always be wind in my sails."

You know, in a way those negative comments serve to make the kind ones even sweeter. And I've noticed that the rude remarks often inspire supporters to step forward and say something positive. I guess that's the silver lining.

Kateri
02-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys. I definitely feel better about it by now. :D

experimentjon
02-24-2008, 11:05 PM
And you have to remember that on top of everything, Youtube has one of the worst and most negative internet communities. No video is immune from blind flame comments. Even the best videos I have watched will invariably end up with some randomly thrown in racial slur or blind hate comment about the creator or the content. And throw in a bit of spam too about dolphins or villages in Africa. So don't worry about it...just digg them down.

puremarkska
02-25-2008, 08:20 AM
I hear ya. Comments on YouTube are usually pretty terrible. It's to the point where it seems like the negative or racist comments are the only ones to rouse response anymore. Don't encourage them with your reply.

Lately the close-mindedness of people on YouTube has gotten under my skin, too. I left a witty and ironic comment for someone's video, and other viewers automatically assumed that it was meant to be negative. I countered with a response that my comment was just a joke, and even went so far as to explain the joke in a comical manner, and they STILL didn't get it. UUUGHH! Idiots. (I didn't write back, calling them that, though).

Anyway, sorry; just venting.

Hero Reborn
02-25-2008, 12:23 PM
It's pointless to let it get to you. These are poeple who have nothing better to than hate on other peoples' talents. You have more admirers out there than haters and that's what matters.

Fred Miu
02-25-2008, 12:29 PM
they are jealous because they have small Pen 15's (get it?)

plus, what are they going to do? talk more smack? theres a nice button called delete or spam :-D

Terrell
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
they are jealous because they have small Pen 15's (get it?)

plus, what are they going to do? talk more smack? theres a nice button called delete or spam :-D

o well i usually just find out their i.p address then get their social security number then send my ninjas to attack them^_^ yep, it's one of my hobbies in life

Fred Miu
02-25-2008, 08:25 PM
i see you havent hired the best ninja to go out killing

...me hahaha

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
i see you havent hired the best ninja to go out killing

...me hahaha

hahahaha, well if i ever make a video and i need ninjas... Fred, your first on my list.

Kateri
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
you gotta get that fisherman guy from that ninja game show for sure.

Regster
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
if you respond to them, they win. Just don't mind them, don't give them satisfaction. that's what they want anyways, to iritate you.

Guting
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
its youtube......

jello
05-28-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah... i try to not let haters get to me but eh, i can't help it.
so i just delete the comments & pretend i didn't see them.
it brings be down. :(