Plane Ticket For Ukulele

Mikasai

Reaction score
Just had heard that Eddie Kamae had bought one ticket for his ukulele to ride the plane in the seat next to him on the way to D.C. for inaugaration performance. He neva like check em in or put in overhead, so da baby strapped in all da way to D.C.!

Fo real? Cause you can hand carry one - which I've done my last two trips back home.

I'd guess he did it because the flight was probably packed to D.C. (it's a big event, ya know?) and he didn't want to take a chance with it -- either by being forced to gate check it or not having any overhead space.

It's also tax write-off. Just business expenses. ;)

I thought you couldn't do that anymore. My sister's friend wanted to get a seat for his really expensive viola when he was flying to America but couldn't.

I suppose that's pretty hardcore. I know I wouldn't want my ukulele broken if I was going to be playing at the inauguration!

I thought you couldn't do that anymore. My sister's friend wanted to get a seat for his really expensive viola when he was flying to America but couldn't.

I suppose that's pretty hardcore. I know I wouldn't want my ukulele broken if I was going to be playing at the inauguration!

I would think that it would just matter on how many seats are still open. but i could be wrong. lol, that would be tight though.

It's not uncommon at all, especially for high end and delicate instruments. Symphony member from Seattle got hand delivered a strat for a one time performance and it flew in the cabin with it's own seat. Insurance required that it stay in visual sight and beside the currier at all times. Neat article in the paper about it.

We've seen cellos, violins, guitars, etc all have their own seat with the seatbelt on. You pay for the ticket (usually required to be full fare) and they make it happen. Reality is it doesn't matter if it's a dulcimer or a fat man from Peoria, they got the seat paid for.

Top Bottom