Lullabies

frankiefirefox

Reaction score
Aloha y'all.

I just found out that I'm going to be a father this coming summer! I'm pretty overwhelmed and excited right now. One of the random thoughts/plans that has crossed though my mind is that I need to start a song book for the baby. All I have in my repertoire is Sweet Baby James. It looks like I'm going to need some help with some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Frankiefirefox

Beatles - "Goodnight"

Oh and congratulations!

These probably wouldn't be considered lullabies content-wise but they can be performed in a very calming way:

-Down In The Valley
-Red River Valley

They'd kind of fit in with the Sweet Baby James/campfire vibe you started with.

Congratulations! We're expecting our first child in January and I have been thinking about songs to learn as lullabies as well. At first I thought childrens songs. I learned bare neccesities but then i realized that song is pretty jangly and totally wrong for a baby. Now I have been learning soft soothing songs that may or may not be official lullabies. Here are two that are on my list:

Georgia on my mind
Make you feel my love

Congratulations!
How about "Morningtown Ride"?
(not my video, but this girl has a great voice)

I am going to be a father in June so I really appreciate this thread.

Not a lullaby but Classical music is always good... Tarrega - study in E minor.

the tab is available on Ukulele hunt.

Thanks for getting me started. I'll report back when I have a decent list together.

I don't know how much of a lullaby it is but it puts my grandchildren away in no-time:

China Doll Greatful dead. They also like "Creep"

They're getting old enough now that I should make them learn them and put me to sleep.

Last edited:
Second on Wiegenlied: Guten Abend, gute Nacht (Brahms's Lullaby). My mother used to hum it to help me fall asleep. Congratulations on your future little treasure! :)

Warmly,
Eric

That was a great video, We Tigers!

Congratulations on your new edition! How about - When you wish upon a star. What a Wonderful World. Have fun!

Last edited:
Oh, enjoy the whole nine months as well as the new little one! Really--it's such a time of change for everyone and getting ready for new beginnings.

While we're at it, thanks to all for the lullaby ideas; with two grandchildren coming in the next six months I'm going to have Brahm's Lullaby *nailed* by then. It's gotta be easier than learning to knit...

House on Pooh Corner / Return to Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins.

Top Bottom