Something - UkuleleApe

UkuleleApe

Reaction score
Hey UkeUndergroundeeeeeeeeeeeers!:D

i was finally succesful in uploading my rendition on Jakes arrangement of Something! i did upload it months ago but had to put it down because the sound and the video didn´t match together...

if you want you can check it out!

-->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p02Pb2CDuc&feature=channel_page

Aloha everybody and keep it u-u-ukiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

Greetingz

UkuleleApe

That was freaking awesome.

I'm curious as to why you have chosen to use the lower tuning on your new ukulele. It does sound nice and warm at that tuning.

im watching it over and over again.

Thats what i was gna say dom.
I was playing it aswell, and trying to see why it sounds so different. Kinda figured it out.

Again, it was awesome

thanks a lot you guys!!!:DDDD it really made me happy when i read your comments!hihi...
i´ll record more when i get my new microphone!

@ dom: i just got this ukulele months ago(the video is as old as the uke!:D) and when i first played with it the first time, the A-string cracked...then i bought a new set but again,it cracked...then i tuned the ukulele a bit lower. i kinda got addicted to it because i think it sounds a bit smoother. but i think i´ll have to retune the uke anyway ´cause it´s really hard to figure out songs from videos (like jakes thriller) without the same tuning...

again, thank you so much for your nice and kind words!:D

keep it rockin and ukin ma homies

greetingz

UkuleleApe

If it is the same string, the A, that is breaking each time then there is something causing that to happen. I would look at the bridge carefully to see if there are any sharp areas that could be cutting into the string.

My spruce top tenor has a through bridge design so there is just a string hole drilled through the bridge, top and into the soundbox. After I got home from performing with it at Cerritos I was playing it and the A string popped. That is when I noticed that the hole that was drilled had no relief and so the edge where the string came out of the soundbox and headed up over the saddle was extremely sharp. So I used a small hand held chamfering tool that gave it a 45 degree or something there about angle that eliminated the sharp edge. No more broken A strings or any strings for that matter. I obviously fixed all the holes in the bridge.

If that string would have popped while I was on stage I would have freaked. I would have had to ask the audience if I could borrow an uke :eek:.

hmmm...yeah the shop from where i bought the strings also wanted me to examine my uke whether there are sharp edges which lead to the cracking, but i couldn´t found anything suspicious...but now that you mention it i really should check the holes and the saddle once again and look if it´s the same case like on your uke.
Thanks for your help dom!

(besides, amazing video of thriller that you recorded!duuuuude it blow me away!nice!:))

greetingz

UkuleleApe

Top Bottom