FT/FS BRAND NEW Pono MS blem with Pono passive pickup & case!!!

aqualung23

Reaction score
So I bought this 2nd pono MS from HMS and I had the Pono passive pickup installed only to realize I just don't like regular scale sopranos. Too small. My loss could be your gain, because I would love to trade this little guy. The only flaws I can find are a small mar in the finish just to the left of the sound hole and a SLIGHT gap between the nut and fretboard. Playability and intonation are perfect, as to be expected from an HMS instrument.
I would prefer to trade, and I'm most interested in a guilele, preferably with a pickup (I really like the cordoba with the spruce top)but I will entertain offers for super sopranos or concerts, tenors, basically anything that's bigger than standard soprano scale, especially with electronics.
This uke comes with an oasis humidifier and comes in a lanakai hard canvas case. I've linked my actual Facebook page, on which I've posted pics today. This is a beautiful uke so make me an offer!

https://www.facebook.com/michael.ide.54

Last edited:
As I stated I'd prefer to trade, but I could let it go for $200 and I'd pay shipping to the CONUS. I'll try to get pics up later today. I was having trouble loading to imgur yesterday.

please read the rules on selling items.
you need pictures and you need a sign with your UU name and date of the picture
Also a price

please read the rules on selling items.
you need pictures and you need a sign with your UU name and date of the picture
Also a price

Actually, Tim, three months ago a long time UUer was marketing a uke here without a price. They were, essentially, taking bids by PM so they could get highest price, consider trades, and factor in whether they liked the potential buyer or not. I and several others thought it agregious, but there's no rule about doing something so underhanded on UU, apparently.

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusion. I didn't list a price because of my preference to trade. I also failed to consider people not being on Facebook. My mistake. Certainly not trying to rip anyone off. I paid about $250 for this uke with the case and pono pickup installed and it's just going to collect dust. I'd rather have a uke enthusiast from this board get it tha someone on eBay trying to make a buck. Here is a link to an imgur album which you all should be able to see. Hope that resolves any issues!

http://imgur.com/a/JbZFY

Coolkayaker1 is correct. Folks should read the rules for selling on the Marketplace. There are only three *rules*: 1. no links to ebay auctions, 2. no dealers, and 3. no inappropriate items for sale. All the rest are suggestions. Aqualung's posting does not violate any of the rules.

Yeah I was confused because trading is a grey area. But I definitely understand the importance of pictures and veryfying that the seller/trader can be held acccountable. I will also gladly share my personal info because I have no reservations about satisfaction with this instrument. I was really amazed at how great the pono passive pickup sounded when I plugged it in.

I'm surprised this hasn't sold as I figure it would be about $450 for the package at HMS if a first (uke $303, pickup $100, case $35, Oasis $12).

Still available for sale?

I'm surprised this hasn't sold as I figure it would be about $450 for the package at HMS if a first (uke $303, pickup $100, case $35, Oasis $12).

It is a 2nd. Cost me about $250 before shipping with the pickup & case (stolen from my Lanakai). And I'll throw in the Oasis as I said.

Top Bottom