Curly Maple Concert

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
After a recent trip to Canada and packing home 40kg of Maple blocks in my luggage, I couldn't wait to build an instrument with some of this wood.

Trim is Indian Rosewood and Gidgee. Neck is Spanish Cedar. All built with hot hide glue and finish is French Polish.

Curly Maple Concert#1_2013October27_015.jpgCurly Maple Concert#1_2013October27_018.jpgCurly Maple Concert#1_2013October27_021.jpgCurly Maple Concert#1_2013October27_024.jpgCurly Maple Concert#1_2013October27_027.jpg

beautiful Allen.

How much did 40kg in extra baggage cost!

I just shipped about 90kg to Colorado with DHL and that set me back about $700 :(

mmm....that's some nice Maple. I like the binding and trim too, very tasty

Didn't cost a thing Beau. Well, it was the price of the return ticket, but I was going there anyway. It fit.....just barely, in my baggage allowance. I knew how much allowance I had, and bought accordingly.

:drool: That is drop-dead gorgeous!

Beautiful work, as usual. How is the curly maple as tonewood? How does it sound? I ask because I have a lot of this in my garage that I am about to re-saw. I need to decide how much to put into uke wood and how much to set aside for mandolins.016.jpgcants 002.jpg

Top Bottom