buy an Uke for 400-450 USD

Fishay

Reaction score
Hey folks,

well i wanted to buy a better ukulele, for advanced playing.
I'm playing the ukulele for 1 year now, and i want a better instrument.
I saw the Applause Tenor and fell in love, but then i realized it should be more traditional and of course loud (plugged and unplugged), since the applause seems to be quiet when unplugged.
so i'm asking you, which tenor sized ukulele would you suggest for me?
hope its not the wrong board :/

thanks in advance

Edit: if it helps you, i like the high g strings more than the low g :)

Last edited:
In that price range, I recommend you check out some Ohana ukuleles. If you've seen Ken Middleton's reviews on yuotube, then you'll know they are great. You could also check out Mainland, I'm really loving my Mainland ukulele. Mine is around $250 but it's all solid wood and bone nut/saddle, set up pro with Aquilas, choice of tuner and peghead colors, and you can choose mahogany or cedar. Witht the money you save you can get a hardshell case.

In that price range, I recommend you check out some Ohana ukuleles. If you've seen Ken Middleton's reviews on yuotube, then you'll know they are great. You could also check out Mainland, I'm really loving my Mainland ukulele. Mine is around $250 but it's all solid wood and bone nut/saddle, set up pro with Aquilas, choice of tuner and peghead colors, and you can choose mahogany or cedar. Witht the money you save you can get a hardshell case.

I second what he says.

Another brand to look at is Bushman. They have some nice ukes for a cheaper price.

Look at the ad next to yours...

If you have 400-450 to spend. Get Joshua's Pono. I agree, Ohana, Bushman, etc can all get the job done in the 200-300 range, but the Ponos are quite nice. For a virtually unplayed Pono, $400 shipped is a steal, and about the best you can do for the money. It sounds like you want the best instrument you can get your hands on...for four bills, that is it!
Good luck,
Bill

If Ohana tenors didn't have a fret marker on the 9th fret, I would've bought one.

Guys, take into consideration Fishay's location - Germany. Import taxes, higher shipping, tariffs, etc.

Did you check out http://www.ukulele.de? They seem to have a nice selection, and they're in Germany.

thanks for those quick answers.

I sent Joshua a pm about his Pono ukulele.
Maybe i have luck, because i haven't seen it before.

Top Bottom