Epiphone Les Paul Concert acoustic/electric uke review

iamesperambient

Reaction score
Sorry a little late reviewing this instrument since i got mine over the summer. Anyway.

First i'll go with how it looks.....
well it looks very pretty love the flame maple top
it just looks pretty. Mine is the cherry sunburst.
I notice a very small blemish next to the fret at the last fret by the A
string. Other than that the finish is perfect very pretty to look at looks very solid for a factory made uke it looks awesome.

The sound:

acoustically it def isn't as loud as a full on acoustic uke
but still not as quiet as everyone was saying. I quickly replaced the strings with aquila red series (high g) and the sound acoustically
is just as loud as any other acoustic uke i have played.

plugged in:
over all nice even sound on all the strings picks up nicely.
It sounds good with light effects a little hint of reverb or chorus
but heavy reverb or any effects will feedback and distortion forget about it (for one it sounds like crap with distortion anyway) basically imagine an electric guitar with someone playing a D chord over and over with a muff pedal thats basically how it sounds. But acting as a clean or lightly effect treat uke plugged it in does very well.

over all a nice uke the action is great too, for what it is an acoustic electric (meaning acoustic meant to be amped up for more volume) it looks great and it is a legit les paul which makes it even cooler. But if you want a true electric sound which you can make use of full on rock effects etc get a konablaster or risa steel stringed uke (personally i think the konablaster baritone) is the right uke for a rock'n roll type of set up with a ukulele. But i'm sure you could rock out nicely with a steel string soprano.

over all i totally recommend the epiphone les paul uke and will not be selling mine ever and is included in my most used ukes.

Not convinced you need steel strings to rock out - that's all our band play, and you should hear N'Uke Corinne giving the blues licks on a Risa with nylon strings!

Not convinced you need steel strings to rock out - that's all our band play, and you should hear N'Uke Corinne giving the blues licks on a Risa with nylon strings!

Well the music i make
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com was guitar based drone ambient/shoegazing
music which relies on heavy use of pedals and effects. So for me That classic
guitar set up is what i needed to do what I do. I played a baritone electric guitar
for 4 years and used it on all my recordings but this past summer i realized
I'm a bunch better ukulele player. I can play pretty much any chord and have
a much better style on the uke, guitar i started playing at 14 and really haven't
progressed much since i was about 20. So i wanted an instrument that plays like a uke
but has the ability of an electric guitar and i found that in the blue star konablaster baritone
soid body electric uke. The les paul is great though i will be using it for a lot of acoustic middle
parts of my songs when recording, and acoustically it sounds much better than the lanikai i have
its basically my go to acoustic uke at this point.

Well the music i make
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com was guitar based drone ambient/shoegazing
music which relies on heavy use of pedals and effects. So for me That classic
guitar set up is what i needed to do what I do. I played a baritone electric guitar
for 4 years and used it on all my recordings but this past summer i realized
I'm a bunch better ukulele player. I can play pretty much any chord and have
a much better style on the uke, guitar i started playing at 14 and really haven't
progressed much since i was about 20. So i wanted an instrument that plays like a uke
but has the ability of an electric guitar and i found that in the blue star konablaster baritone
soid body electric uke. The les paul is great though i will be using it for a lot of acoustic middle
parts of my songs when recording, and acoustically it sounds much better than the lanikai i have
its basically my go to acoustic uke at this point.

if anyone is curious i recorded this
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com/album/sundogs-ep piece of minimalist ambient music with the les paul uke and basic effects (reverb & delay and some minimal distortion)

Top Bottom