Resonator kit suppliers

Huvvers

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to various resonator kits, parts, suppliers on the net. I have not decided which style to install yet. Thanx all.

Check on Cigar Box Nation. There are lots of folks that deal with this kind of stuff.
C.B. Gitty has some reso supplies too.

Elderly Instruments sells cones and cover plates from National. Republic resonators also sells parts (cheaper!!)

Thanx for the quick reply folks. I never found some of those sites in my searchs. CBGitty just seemed to offer cones and not kits. Is it better to buy seperate parts or the full kit. I dont mind inexpensive but not cheap. That way I cant blame problems on anything but bad R&D. Ive read some threads on resonators and wonder if you could recommend a Uu vid or YouTube series on reso instalation.
Thanx Twice

Those things are getting hard to find, specially the cheap ones.

I got two kits from Republic Guitars recently, but it was their last pair ($55 for the cover+cone set). You can buy them separately too, but I don't remember the price.

National parts doesn't go cheap. The cone is $70 and the cover plate is $160 (!!!). I don't know what justifies that. If think the cone is worth it, but $160 for a cover plate is just too much. I'd get the National cone and the cheap cover plate.

If you're on facebook, search for the Reso Ukers group, there are some very helpful people there

Last edited:
I did go to a couple of sites and got sticker shock at $80 cones and $160 covers.There is no hurry, so l, ll keep looking. Can anyone recommend a good size for tenor uke. I found 6 1/2-7"-and 9 1/2". Thanx all.

Top Bottom