Do we have a virus? Link Bucks link comes up when I click on anything on UU

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Is it my computer, or did we get hit again?

Me, too! This thing is killing me....:mad:

It makes me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one, but none of us should have to deal with it....

I tried turning off Javascript in Safari in Mac Mavericks and it seems to have worked, unless the site masters have debugged in the meantime.

Each linkbucks page loaded is downloading an exploit. Luckily, they have all been caught by my McAfee, but I would recommend STAYING OFF THE FORUMS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, especially if you don't have a good virus checker.

This is a copy of my post in the other thread on this subject.

I'm a mac user so I don't think I was badly effected yet, the malicious site DID leave cookies and data in Safari. I recommend that everyone clear out their cookies and website data from their browsers. After you have done this wait a minute for various sites to send replacement cookies and delete them too.

This will be an inconvenience as you will have to log back on to all your sites but I find that its a good idea to do this at least once a week anyway.

Anthony

While the site was down, I ran a malware scanner as well as an AV one. As far as I can tell, pretty clear of malicious files at this point.

What is amazing is that the idiots who create these inane mechanisms actually think that the people who see these pages intercepting their attempts to get to a desired website are somehow potential customers.

What dolts.

Trouble is, some of my clients just blindly click on those notices thinking they are valid in some way. It's been a futile effort trying to get them to call me when they see something like that (I did Mac support until a few months ago when I retired after getting my hip replaced and started playing the uke) . Luckily they are pretty much a Windows focus, so Macs are not affected. But I did clear my cache and cookies.

Last edited:
LinkBucks is still hijacking UU on my Mac at 1:08 AM 10/31. I trashed my cookies and cleared the cache Wednesday morning and was LinkBuck-free until now.

Got the all clear from Ryan at 3AM HST, he was working on the problem since yesterday. Please check the UU FB page for the latest update regarding the problem. Thanks all for your patience . . .

Top Bottom