HELP linkbuck ads

Lumpy Wafflesquirt

Reaction score
Everytime I go to a page on UU I get an advert page come up which I have to wait several seconds before I can skip. Some of the adverts are a bit 'strong' full frontal nudity, not really appropriate for a 'family' website.

is there any way to get rid of these? or is it just that my 'ad free' introductory period has finished.
If they are always going to come up I will probably not be visiting the site anymore as
a] it is tedious to wade through the adverts
b] I don't want my wife/children thinking I am looking for the services advertised in some of the ads.

regards
Lumpy

I just started getting them this morning as well. I've done a scan of my computer and it seems to be clean and the problem only seems to be on this site so I'm assuming that it is site specific. I'm planning on just staying away for the rest of the day on the assumption that the site moderators know about it and will rectify the problem. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow because I need my daily ukulele chat fix. I'm starting to shake already just thinking about doing without!!

This may be connected to a hack that occurred earlier. UU has been the target of a number of rather pointless hack attacks recently. :(

This may be connected to a hack that occurred earlier. UU has been the target of a number of rather pointless hack attacks recently. :(

It was a hack. :(

Sorry for the trouble, the site should be hack-free now.

I got it around 9 or 10 PM tonight too. At first it wasn't letting me get through to the site at all, it seemed to be mad that my anti-virus program was blocking its ads.

I added LinkBucks to my "Block" list, which fixed the redirect, though that's not really a "Fix"

Got the all clear from Ryan at 3AM HST, he was working on the problem since yesterday. Please check the UU FB page for the latest update regarding the problem. Thanks all for your patience . . .

Top Bottom