Malicious script on UU! Temporarily solution: Disable JavaScript on your browser.

Hammond

Reaction score
Suggest disable JavaScript on your browser to prevent the malicious script to be run. And wait until UU staffs kick them out of UU!

Yes, that will work.

Unfortunately, a lot of sites rely on javascript for basic functionality, like navigation menus. Turning it on/off via browser settings is a hassle.

If you use Firefox, get the Noscript extension. It adds a little dropdown menu next to the address bar where you can turn it on/off on the fly and allow or disallow it on a site-by-site basis, either temporarily or permanently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript

Got the all clear from Ryan at 3AM HST, he was working on the problem since yesterday. Please check the UU FB page for the latest update regarding the problem. Thanks all for your patience . . .

Yes, that will work.

Unfortunately, a lot of sites rely on javascript for basic functionality, like navigation menus. Turning it on/off via browser settings is a hassle.

If you use Firefox, get the Noscript extension. It adds a little dropdown menu next to the address bar where you can turn it on/off on the fly and allow or disallow it on a site-by-site basis, either temporarily or permanently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoScript

^^ This.

I never even saw the pop-ups yesterday.

But, like you say, a lot of sites use scripts for functionality. I sometimes have to go through the NoScript pop-up to find the individual functions I want to approve, and it's not always apparent which ones they are. Still, the benefits outweigh the hassle.

Other Firefox add-ons worth looking into are Adblock Plus, and BetterPrivacy. However, like NoScricpt, they come with their own set of hassles.

Other Firefox add-ons worth looking into are Adblock Plus, and BetterPrivacy. However, like NoScricpt, they come with their own set of hassles.

AdblockPlus is what saved me from even seeing any of this questionable content on my Mac running Firefox - I had no idea it was of an adult nature, since all I saw was a box asking me to click to see the ad, which of course I didn't do!

ABP is a little bit of a touchy subject in these parts because the site does earn revenue from ad impressions, if I understand correctly.

Top Bottom