Hello from Jever, Germany

blackbird0147

Reaction score
Hello, I found this great place by looking for an international ukulele-forum. After decades of guitar-playing I've been playing the ukulele for two years now.

I was always trying to transfer the bossanova-technique to my new instrument, but it seems to have a will of it's own. It always sounds like swing - which is not necessarily a mistake.

Anyway, this is obviously a good place to learn - I'll see where it will lead me.

Last edited:
Hallo und Willkommen zum Forum :) Es gibt doch einige deutsche Ukulele-Spieler hier. Weiss nicht, ob es jemanden in deiner Nähe gibt, aber vielleicht findest du jemanden.

Welcome to the UU!

Aloha Blackbird0147,
Maybe you can enlighen this technique to us...sounds intesting and it works from instrument to instrument....

Welcome to the UU and are humble forums...have fun and enjoy...alot of friendly and helpful members giving advice and then there's the deals in our ukulele marketplace..
Happy Strummings..

Welcome to UU. I would love to see you post a vid of your technique, sounds interesting. Love seeing people around the world post, different influences, very exciting. Enjoy the forum.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you found us. I recently learned the Formby style of syncopated strumming and I find it has made other styles of strumming patterns easier as well. Kind of "trained my brain" to move away from the traditional up down, up down strumming style. Good luck.

Hola from Arizona. Welcome to the forum!

Bossanova?

Thank you all for your kind welcome, your questions and advice.

I've posted an example of my bossanova-trials on the section of video discussion just to show what I mean.

Maybe George Formby is the answer.

my new instrument, but it seems to have a will of it's own.
Well, yes, of course. After all it IS an instrument of its own, not just a shrinked guitar ;)

Hi Blackbird welcome to UU always good to have another player aboard, enjoy all things ukulele.

Top Bottom