Home made Uke stand

I'm a wood worker and I say that you've done a very nice job on your stand. I tried to make something similar using 1/4" plywood, but it didn't look very good and was too big for the pocket on my case. I got a Kala stand instead. Later I found out that there are other small stands that fold up pretty small. They are metal and plastic though and don't have the look of "class" that yours does.

Thanks peeps, I've seen the stands you mean Stan and I was very tempted by them but thought I would enjoy the process of DIY. And I did !!!

Very nice!

I thought you had made a stand for a home made uke. Still a nice stand, though.

Would you mind sharing the dimensions? Would like to build some for my tenors. Thanks.

I've taken some pics while holding a tape measure against it, if you need a more accurate detail please let me know.When I made it, the only measurement I made was the cut-out where the base of the Uke rests. I've never made anything from wood in my 48 years so I don't think a great level of skill is required. Good luck.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

They look great! Very functional!

keep uke'in',

As Rod says very functional looking.

They are also very attractive. I'm afraid I don't have the woodworking skills for that, unfortunately.

We'll as I said, I don't have any experience of this kind of thing and the only measurement I kept in mind when making it was for the space where the main body fits into it. You could make an even simpler version with 3 pieces of wood to form a tripod and a ledge across the front for the Uke to sit on. A strip of foam on the ledge will allow it to settle into a secure position. Give it a go, it's very therapeutic !!!

Very nice!

I agree, crafting something from wood IS very therapeutic.

Here's my take on a uke stand.

P1010062.jpg

I was looking at making my own ukulele stand, but then I ran across these two, both under $15 US so I got them. Very compact and easy to store, I especially like hanging my uke from my music stand, very convenient. The other is really good for table top.

uke eNueNue holder.png

uke folding stand.png

Top Bottom