OK- So this is what the Fender Ukulele Sounds Like NAMM 2009

BruddahMark

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of discussion about this ukulele on another thread. Here is what we thought about it. Take it for what it's worth.
Derick Sebastian and I went to check out and play the new Fender Ukuleles at the 2009 NAMM show.
This short video is what it sounds like when someone of professional quality tests it. Derick is sponsored by Kanile'a Ukuleles.

Fender had 3 tenor models. 2 with laminate tops and one all solid mahogany. The one with the solid mahogany was the best sounding ukulele. This is the one Derick is playing in the video although I mentiond it was a laminate top. It wasn't.

First of all The ukuleles are made in Indonesia. They are actually fun ukuleles to play for what I would refer to as a price point (entry level) ukulele. The necks have a nice feel to it. You do have this sensation you are playing a mini strat. The off-set tuners kept the ukulele well in tune and the set-up wasn't too bad either. I would say this is a good start for Fender. Hopefully build upon this first ukulele. You never know what development they may have in store for the ukulele future. enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUxqKogcWs

It actually looks pretty cool being held by Derick in that video. Hopefully they will be avaible in stores to check out soon.

Top Bottom