clamping/jig fixture for spraying or varnishing

ernie kleinman

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a good clamping fixture /jig for spraying a uke while laquering, or for varnishing with a brush. Pics would be appreciated thanks.

When I do bolt ons spray neck an body seperately.When I do butt glued on, that/s the problem , just checked olf another missourite has a similiar imprinting problem.Remedy was cork backed ply cauls on heel and one on FB/utb. I.m doing a neck butt to body glued , with varnish and trying to come up with a way to varnish using a brush to varnish all in one shot, instead of doing the body one day and neck the next. I put a c clamp with a spruce caul over the bridge area and then clamped that into an el cheapo machinest vise. The caul left an imprint which will scrape away before glueing on bridge. I could not clamp c clamp with a caul over the fb as the fb only comes out 2in, and putting in a caul under the utb is too close to s.hole and neck block , no room?? suggestions/

Or coat hanger wire. Hold neck while doing body and headstock. Hang for doing neck.

That's what I used to do before I started finishing the bodies and necks separately. Hold the uke by the middle of the neck while spraying the body, then immediately spray the head stock. Quickly hang it through a tuner hole and shoot the neck. The biggest advantage in building the components separately is in the spraying and finishing. It's not only easier but the finished result is much nicer.

Top Bottom