UU Practice Sessions

bborzell

Reaction score
UU + Practice Sessions

If you have not looked at your email lately, do it now.

These Aldrine Guerrero sessions are seriously well thought out and presented. The best and most long lasting learning methods are making incremental and successive movements toward an overall goal and AG has done just that with these first intro lessons.

If you are not UU+ members and you really want to move toward owning your uke, i suggest signing up and committing to these sessions. All you have to lose is that feeling of never really getting there.

Last edited:
Also,there is a ukulele underground plus ipad app available now.

Hard to understand why these sessions are not the talk of the Underground.

This is exactly what I have been waiting for. Feels like Christmas has come early! Putting these lessons together must have been a huge amount of work and I just want to say how much it is appreciated! You guys ROCK!

This is not learning songs. This stuff is learning to master the instrument. The difficult part is not so much having to struggle through hard stuff; it is actually in committing to a slow and incremental learning process that builds skills as you are ready to incorporate them. A lot of people fall by the wayside when it comes to this sort of commitment. But rewards await those who are willing to devote the time and effort. Kinda like the Montessori Method for Ukuleles. What you learn to master today prepares you with the skills and tools for the next phase of mastery and so on.

The first two videos show how well well Aldrine has thought through this approach. Well done.

Last edited:
I've checked my email and there is nothing about it . How do I get involved in this please?

Perhaps the first emails only went to UU+ members. Not sure how this is being rolled out.

The UU+ practice lessons are starting Monday November 4rth for UU+ members only. So you have to subscribe to UU+.
You can do this on the UU home page, where it says UU+ Home and it will explain how to subscribe.

I saw a video sneak peak and it seems really interesting... There will even be a possibility to have sent daily reminders to do your exercises to keep you motivated and focused...
UU staff promises that within 28 days, we will massively improve, but also that it will be a tough course...

And speaking of Christmas, I don't know if you guys checked the UU store recently, but there are UU+ gift cards for 1 month (30$), for 6 months (75$) or for a year (120$).
The practice UU+ sessions with the gift card could be an early Christmas gift for those who don't have UU+...

Thanks for posting this. I missed the email (went back and found it just now). This might be too advanced for me, but I'm going to give it a go.

Aldrine is a great teacher. He did a one-hour workshop before his show in Minneapolis and it was awesome.

Thanks for posting this. I missed the email (went back and found it just now). This might be too advanced for me, but I'm going to give it a go.

Aldrine is a great teacher. He did a one-hour workshop before his show in Minneapolis and it was awesome.

Link please. (I might have ignored and deleted the email)

Is UU+ the same thing as VIP membership? Or is it different?

From what I've gathered, Berni, UU+ is more for ukulele lessons, and doesn't have the same benefits as VIP membership here on the forum.

Hopefully someone else will fill you in further.

Take care,

They are different. I ain't a VIP (except in my wife's eyes), but I do subscribe to UU+. Guess that's why I got the intro email and so many others here did not.

They are different. I ain't a VIP (except in my wife's eyes), but I do subscribe to UU+. Guess that's why I got the intro email and so many others here did not.

I'm VIP and UU+ and still never got an email. Maybe I don't need lessons. (Right!)

Last edited:
I did receive an email but it wasn't clear as to how the lessons will be accessed (I am both UU+ and VIP). I'm guessing the lessons will be made available through the UU+ iPad application, is that correct?

I'm excited about the lessons. I love the concept, though I'm sure it will be challenging (but, hey, this week I worked really hard and learned F#, C#m and E, so I'm getting more daring!).

E

I did receive an email but it wasn't clear as to how the lessons will be accessed (I am both UU+ and VIP). I'm guessing the lessons will be made available through the UU+ iPad application, is that correct?

I'm excited about the lessons. I love the concept, though I'm sure it will be challenging (but, hey, this week I worked really hard and learned F#, C#m and E, so I'm getting more daring!).

E

From how I saw the email it said will be through uu plus. I have been wanting to do the plus. I guess this is a good starting point.

are these lessons a one time event or are they going to be recorded for the few of us not able to come up with the money on short notice? they sound like a great idea but i'm just not ready right now to jump in.

UU+ and UU VIP aren't the same thing. Don't have UU VIP, so don't know exactly what all the privileges are.
With UU+, you get access to all the UU University videos (101, 102, 103, Music Theory, Blues, Hawaiian 101), Master classes, Seminars, and UU+ forum.
Just go to the UU home page and click on UU+ Home. To access to the Practice sessions, I imagine it will be the same procedure.

Up to now, al of the classes in UU+ have been recorded and you can access them whenever you subscribe to UU+. I didn't have the money to pay for UUU when it was live, but I was able to pay the monthly UU+ and could access all the UUU content. The Seminars and the Master classes were gradually added on the UU+ Home page...
I imagine it will be the same method for the Practice sessions; you'll probably be able to access them later on if you can't get UU+ at the moment. I don't think the videos have an expiration date...

As for the emails, I got mine yesterday... I don't know in what type of order they are sent... Check your spam just in case...

Can't wait for tomorrow... Argh, with the time difference though, I hope I'll get the lessons in the evening and won't have to wait for Tuesday!!!!

Top Bottom