PDA

View Full Version : UU Practice Sessions

bborzell
11-01-2013, 10:16 AM
If you have not looked at your email lately, do it now.

These Aldrine Guerrero sessions are seriously well thought out and presented. The best and most long lasting learning methods are making incremental and successive movements toward an overall goal and AG has done just that with these first intro lessons.

If you are not UU+ members and you really want to move toward owning your uke, i suggest signing up and committing to these sessions. All you have to lose is that feeling of never really getting there.

Newportlocal
11-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Also,there is a ukulele underground plus ipad app available now.

bborzell
11-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Hard to understand why these sessions are not the talk of the Underground.

iDavid
11-02-2013, 02:33 PM
This is exactly what I have been waiting for. Feels like Christmas has come early! Putting these lessons together must have been a huge amount of work and I just want to say how much it is appreciated! You guys ROCK!

bborzell
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
This is not learning songs. This stuff is learning to master the instrument. The difficult part is not so much having to struggle through hard stuff; it is actually in committing to a slow and incremental learning process that builds skills as you are ready to incorporate them. A lot of people fall by the wayside when it comes to this sort of commitment. But rewards await those who are willing to devote the time and effort. Kinda like the Montessori Method for Ukuleles. What you learn to master today prepares you with the skills and tools for the next phase of mastery and so on.

The first two videos show how well well Aldrine has thought through this approach. Well done.

Jools1050
11-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I've checked my email and there is nothing about it . How do I get involved in this please?

bborzell
11-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Perhaps the first emails only went to UU+ members. Not sure how this is being rolled out.

tainauke
11-02-2013, 11:04 PM
The UU+ practice lessons are starting Monday November 4rth for UU+ members only. So you have to subscribe to UU+.
You can do this on the UU home page, where it says UU+ Home and it will explain how to subscribe.

I saw a video sneak peak and it seems really interesting... There will even be a possibility to have sent daily reminders to do your exercises to keep you motivated and focused...
UU staff promises that within 28 days, we will massively improve, but also that it will be a tough course...

And speaking of Christmas, I don't know if you guys checked the UU store recently, but there are UU+ gift cards for 1 month (30$), for 6 months (75$) or for a year (120$).
The practice UU+ sessions with the gift card could be an early Christmas gift for those who don't have UU+...

teruterubouzu
11-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks for posting this. I missed the email (went back and found it just now). This might be too advanced for me, but I'm going to give it a go.

Aldrine is a great teacher. He did a one-hour workshop before his show in Minneapolis and it was awesome.

gyosh
11-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Thanks for posting this. I missed the email (went back and found it just now). This might be too advanced for me, but I'm going to give it a go.

Aldrine is a great teacher. He did a one-hour workshop before his show in Minneapolis and it was awesome.

Link please. (I might have ignored and deleted the email)

Barbablanca
11-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Is UU+ the same thing as VIP membership? Or is it different?

Shady Wilbury
11-03-2013, 06:46 AM
From what I've gathered, Berni, UU+ is more for ukulele lessons, and doesn't have the same benefits as VIP membership here on the forum.

Hopefully someone else will fill you in further.

Take care,

bborzell
11-03-2013, 07:25 AM
They are different. I ain't a VIP (except in my wife's eyes), but I do subscribe to UU+. Guess that's why I got the intro email and so many others here did not.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
11-03-2013, 07:29 AM
They are different. I ain't a VIP (except in my wife's eyes), but I do subscribe to UU+. Guess that's why I got the intro email and so many others here did not.

I'm VIP and UU+ and still never got an email. Maybe I don't need lessons. (Right!)

Ukulele Eddie
11-03-2013, 08:10 AM
I did receive an email but it wasn't clear as to how the lessons will be accessed (I am both UU+ and VIP). I'm guessing the lessons will be made available through the UU+ iPad application, is that correct?

I'm excited about the lessons. I love the concept, though I'm sure it will be challenging (but, hey, this week I worked really hard and learned F#, C#m and E, so I'm getting more daring!).

E

glass
11-03-2013, 08:43 AM
I did receive an email but it wasn't clear as to how the lessons will be accessed (I am both UU+ and VIP). I'm guessing the lessons will be made available through the UU+ iPad application, is that correct?

I'm excited about the lessons. I love the concept, though I'm sure it will be challenging (but, hey, this week I worked really hard and learned F#, C#m and E, so I'm getting more daring!).

E

From how I saw the email it said will be through uu plus. I have been wanting to do the plus. I guess this is a good starting point.

Ukulele Eddie
11-03-2013, 10:08 AM
From how I saw the email it said will be through uu plus.

Thanks. I guess we'll find out tomorrow! E

Radio Flyer
11-03-2013, 10:39 AM
are these lessons a one time event or are they going to be recorded for the few of us not able to come up with the money on short notice? they sound like a great idea but i'm just not ready right now to jump in.

tainauke
11-03-2013, 11:04 AM
UU+ and UU VIP aren't the same thing. Don't have UU VIP, so don't know exactly what all the privileges are.
With UU+, you get access to all the UU University videos (101, 102, 103, Music Theory, Blues, Hawaiian 101), Master classes, Seminars, and UU+ forum.
Just go to the UU home page and click on UU+ Home. To access to the Practice sessions, I imagine it will be the same procedure.

Up to now, al of the classes in UU+ have been recorded and you can access them whenever you subscribe to UU+. I didn't have the money to pay for UUU when it was live, but I was able to pay the monthly UU+ and could access all the UUU content. The Seminars and the Master classes were gradually added on the UU+ Home page...
I imagine it will be the same method for the Practice sessions; you'll probably be able to access them later on if you can't get UU+ at the moment. I don't think the videos have an expiration date...

As for the emails, I got mine yesterday... I don't know in what type of order they are sent... Check your spam just in case...

Can't wait for tomorrow... Argh, with the time difference though, I hope I'll get the lessons in the evening and won't have to wait for Tuesday!!!!

bborzell
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm VIP and UU+ and still never got an email. Maybe I don't need lessons. (Right!)

Didn't know about your UU+ thing, but I showed my wife a photo of one of your ukes and she agreed that you were a VIP, too.;)

rayan
11-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Wow thank you so much for the kind words. For those who don't know we're launching a new 28 day program called Practice Sessions that is designed to help people stuck between beginner and intermediate finally push through their plateaus and move on to the next skill level. We sent out a sneak peek to our UU+ members and to our subscribers but not to the general public yet. If you're interested in what this program will entail here's the preview link

http://ukuleleunderground.com/uu-practice-sessions-sneak-peek/

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer them.

Here was the email we sent out which describes exactly who this course is for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you feel your ukulele playing is stuck and you're not progressing, please read this email all the way through.

Over the past 6 years we've taught thousands of beginners how to hold their first chords and strum their first songs on the ukulele. Unfortunately after the initial excitement and rapid growth period start to wear off, many people get stuck at a plateau somewhere between beginner and intermediate. They want to get better but just don't know how. We've heard this feedback and if you feel you're stuck, this course is just what you have been waiting for.

Ukulele Underground Practice Sessions is an intense 28 day course consisting of one 15-30 minute video a day that we will be launching on Monday, Nov 4 to UU+ members. It's the fastest way to get better in the shortest amount of time we felt to be doable. In just one month, you'll have broken through your plateau and on to the next technique or song!

Here's the catch. Its NOT easy.

Before I go any further, I'd like to give you a warning about this course. It was designed with only one goal in mind, to get you, the player to see massive improvement in your uke playing in just 28 days. In fact, if you do the daily exercises in this course, we will guarantee you will be better at the end. There is no way you cannot be better if you stick to this routine.

With a guarantee like that, you should know going in that this is by far the most challenging curriculum we've ever put together. This course is HARD. It's designed to push you out of your comfort zones and you will stumble and have trouble keeping up in the beginning. Expect to fail early in the course. But stick to it, trust us, you will get better and by the end of the course you will dominate these sessions.

Here's a sneak peek at what you can expect in this course

http://ukuleleunderground.com/uu-practice-sessions-sneak-peek/

To keep you motivated and on task, We've set up an optional email alert system to remind you daily to do your exercises. We also have a calendar you can print out to cross off days as you complete them and to get an idea of whats to come.

We'll be launching this course to UU+ members on Nov 4. If you don't already have a UU+ account (http://ukuleleunderground.com/uuplus) you can sign up here. (http://ukuleleunderground.com/uuplus) We will be emailing again when the course is live.

If you're tired of being stuck at your current skill level, this is definitely something you'll want to invest some time into and we look forward to seeing your progress!

As always, any questions can be sent right to us, just reply back to this email

Aloha!

-UU Guys

Ukulele Eddie
11-03-2013, 01:49 PM
If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer them.

Rayan -

If we're using the UU+ iPad application, will they be available through that or just online directly?

Mahalo in advance for the course!

Eddie

rayan
11-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Rayan -

If we're using the UU+ iPad application, will they be available through that or just online directly?

Mahalo in advance for the course!

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Yes you'll be able to watch all the videos in the course on the app. The course repeats certain videos so you'll need to use the calendar or sign up for the auto email reminders to know which session you'll be working on for that day.

SeattleSean
11-04-2013, 05:09 AM
P90X for the ukulele. ;-) Looking forward to it!

flailingfingers
11-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Just started my dexterity test today. Want to say that I am so impressed with the work these guys have put into this Practice Course. This is a bonus for UU+. No added cost. Very, very well presented. These UU folks obviously love the ukulele and want more people to enjoy playing. Don't want to be too gushy here but this is a wonderful thing. Offering help because it's the right thing to do.
I joined UU+ because I wanted the lessons. I joined UUVIP because I want to donate to the UU cause. I recommend you check out UUVIP and see if it is something you want to do also.
Meanwhile, keep strumming and smiling.