Next Big Thing - Tuner

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
My intelli-imt-500 died after 3 years. Whats the "next big thing" in the tuner world. What about those mini things? I need a LCD cause I play outside and can't see the lit ones in the sun. What up in the Tuner realm????

How about the D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner it looks like I could lose that one easy it's so small (I could get around that by attaching it to a old semi truck tire rim), is it accurate? Anyone got one.

Many swear by snarks. I have a tiki gogo tuner that works great. It goes everywhere with me. I like my tiki for it's simplicity. Looking at the body style I think it is the same as the kala. I have a Peterson stroboclip for when I want to have the most accuracy. There is always the NS mini if you want to buy from the UU store. Good luck on your search.

Many swear by snarks. I have a tiki gogo tuner that works great. It goes everywhere with me. I like my tiki for it's simplicity. Looking at the body style I think it is the same as the kala. I have a Peterson stroboclip for when I want to have the most accuracy. There is always the NS mini if you want to buy from the UU store. Good luck on your search.
I had 3 snarks, 2 heads broke off. The one left is at end of life, I have to drop it to make it read the vibration. I liked them but they are to fragile, plus it's hard to seen in the sun.
What is everyone using?

The Micro clip-on's are my new favorite. I tried one, just ordered two more...

I've been using a Crafter TG-200K pretty happy with it so far...

I had 3 snarks, 2 heads broke off. The one left is at end of life, I have to drop it to make it read the vibration. I liked them but they are to fragile, plus it's hard to seen in the sun.
What is everyone using?

Opinions vary once you leave the snark crowd. The Peterson is really nice for high end,but I leave it in the drawer a lot. I don't want to break it,and the spinning dials aren't as user friendly. It does do a great job though. My tiki gogo tuner has been great for over a year, and when I check it against my Peterson is very accurate. I read the tiki in the sun,and i have had no fragility issues with it. I never worry about it getting damaged. It is the equivalent of having a flea uke you can leave out without worrying about it. I know the NS mini is starting to have a following. I am sure more opinions will follow.

My trusty Cherub finally died after a loyal almost five years of service..I got a new one and did not realize the faceplate even yellowed...ha ha

I have had a Seko ST747 for the last 14 years. I have used it nearly everyday since I bought it. It survived middle school, high school and college bands and the 5 years since.

I love the newest small d'a micro tuner. They can be had in a 2 pack for less than 25bucks (no tax no ship). I love having one clipped in to each headstock and left there. My ukes can be put away in case and the tuner can be left in place. No more looking around for which uke the tuner is clipped to or what pocket, in which case is the tuner in. At only $12, I have one on every uke.

I use the anuenue tuner app on my iPhone.

I have a Snark SN-6 and an Eno ET-3000+. Both work fine but lately I've been gravitating to the ET-3000+.

Before I forget, Musician's Friend has the Fender tuner for $7 and free shipping. I like it because it's chromatic but also has settings for uke, bass, guitar, and violin.

I had a Fender that was great for the price, but I do prefer the Snark

I love the newest small d'a micro tuner. They can be had in a 2 pack for less than 25bucks (no tax no ship). I love having one clipped in to each headstock and left there. My ukes can be put away in case and the tuner can be left in place. No more looking around for which uke the tuner is clipped to or what pocket, in which case is the tuner in. At only $12, I have one on every uke.
I just got a pack of two of these micro tuners. Love that they are almost invisible while in place and so far seem to work great. I want more!

Top Bottom