A Really Nice Pair

bassballz

Reaction score
New Uke(s) Day!
I recently received a shipment from HMS.....my new joys, a KoAloha Pineapple soprano and a Kanilea Longneck soprano Honu.
I'd been working with MGM (we'll miss you, Mike) and Andrew to find a unique grain pattern when this Pineapple popped up. (it never even made it to their website) It's got such a wavy deep grain that shifts in different lighting....simply stunning.
The Honu was something I'd craved for a while so I sucked it up and pulled the trigger on both. (Gulp.) During set-up at HMS, Joel noticed a slight blemish in the fininsh on the Honu (I couldn't even see it in a photo)and sent it back to Kanilea for fixin' before he would ship it to me. Just another shining example of the scrutiny and care they put into the product they sell.
I couldn't be happier. They are both set up to sing as best they possibly can and sound spectacular.
Christmas came early this year!
PA260519.jpg

Congratulations! The grain on that pineapple is amazing. The folks at HMS are awesome.

wow Congrats on the Kanile'a and Ko'Aloha...now you just need a Kamaka S and a custom Ko'olau and you have all the K's.....

just for your info..I hung out with Joel and Corey at the The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) yesterday....Joel was Mike's(MGM) first employee a while back when Mike started setting up all his ukes for his customers...and he has been doing setups since then and now for Andrew....I believe Joel is the best uke setup person in the Islands...he has setup so many ukes he can not give a number......We talked and laughed about stories about MGM...

congrats on your new uke....

keep on strumming!

Wow, what a gorgeous pair of ukes there; I am a big fan of both builders.

Kaneli'a ukes are beautiful and sound great, I have always liked the Honu inlay models.

I have a Koaloha Pineapple Sunday that is one of my absolute favorites so I am a big fan of Koaloha Pineapple ukes as well; I really love the figure in your pineapple ukulele.

Congratulations on two real beauties!!!

This is my first venture into the Pineapples...... I'm amazed at the volume and projection on this KoAloha. It really has a beautiful chime to it. I can see it very quickly becoming my top go-to player.
Thank you all for your comments.

Both looking amazing there!

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy.

Congratulations! Wonderful new ukes.

Wow!! Really pretty pair! I'm going to have to get a pineapple again at some point...your picture got me Jonesing!!

Fantastic, congrats. An "a really nice pair"..............guess where my mind went fort a spit second or two.

wonderful looking pineapple!

Top Bottom