Did I get the wrong string set?

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but . . .

So, I ordered a set of re-entrant Savarez strings from StringsByMail.com. This is one of their special C3 sets. When I opened the package, I found strings with the right ID on them (541 R, 542 R, 543 R and 504 R for 1st to 4th), but the strings are labeled E B G D, like a baritone.

I didn't want to hurt the string set, if they are wrong, but not sure if the notes are mislabeled or if this set of Savarez is a baritone set.

I bet you Blue_Knight Jay knows the answer to this one, but if anyone else can chime in, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but . . .

So, I ordered a set of re-entrant Savarez strings from StringsByMail.com. This is one of their special C3 sets. When I opened the package, I found strings with the right ID on them (541 R, 542 R, 543 R and 504 R for 1st to 4th), but the strings are labeled E B G D, like a baritone.

I didn't want to hurt the string set, if they are wrong, but not sure if the notes are mislabeled or if this set of Savarez is a baritone set.

I bet you Blue_Knight Jay knows the answer to this one, but if anyone else can chime in, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

its possible their the correct strings possibly mislabeled?
worst comes to worst you could always send em back for different ones.
I need strings so i was going to use strings by mail actually how fast was
their shipping? hopefully you figure it out!

That is the low G set. It is what I normally use on many of my tenors.
If you ordered the reentrant set just email SBM and ask for the correct 4th string (541R)

Last edited:
You mentioned you ordered the C3 but did not say if it was High G or Low G. The set you recieved is the C3 CB low g and you can tune them G/gCEA. These sets were created by UU member Craig Brandau. I usually order the 540R Treble set and D'Addario D string for linear tuning or another single 541R for re-entrant.

Thanks to all for the re- assurance. I ordered the low G, so looks like that is what I got.

Iamesperambient, their service was pretty good. Kanaka916, I will try that next time, although I have also heard raves about the Fremont low G.

Top Bottom