Winter has arrived in the North UK

Timbuck

Reaction score
After a great summer...I went to open up the workshop this morning...Temperature in the shop reads 1.7 degrees C..The whole surounding area is covered in ground frost....I have brought the Titebond indoors..I hope it didn't go off in the night..I'll have to test it before I use it again I suppose.:(....Roll on 2014:)

Hi Timbuck,

A question if I may:

I was asked to fit a new neck (electric guitar) to an existing body.

The width needed a bit of sanding, and thereafter I could slide the neck into the cut-out of the body.

The problem is : It sits snug in the body slot, but it sits too high and strings buzz.
The bridge height has been increased to max, but that did not help.

To make matters a bit more complicated the body of the cut out, curves (rather follows the curve of the body) on the back, which I should really try to follow to make it look right.

:confused:

Cort X1 (1).jpgCort X1 (5).jpg

I therefore cannot make rectangular router cuts.

Have considered buying this which I saw on Rudy's webpage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DRILL-PRESS-SAFETY-WOOD-PLANER-REPLACEMENT-WAGNER-SAFE-T-PLANER-1-2-SHANK-/110985453431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d73f9f77

Have you got any advice for me?

This sort of job is not my thing .. But the way I see it is that you will have to cut the pocket deeper or shave some off the back of the neck heel..Or a bit of both..the last time I fitted a new ready fretted neck to an alien body, i foundthe main problem was getting the scale length right, plus the bridge compensation. There is a helpful chart on the Stewmac site to deal with that one..May be some more experienced guitar luthier can chip in with this one.:)

And the Safe T planer is a handy tool to have as well..if not for this job.:cool:

Top Bottom