Can't find anyone to jam with? Need to practice solos?

where u lie in cali? i need to jam to!

If you're by your computer and need to practice solos, Band in a Box is awesome, too.

You program the chord changes, the style and the meter and tempo.

If you're by your computer and need to practice solos, Band in a Box is awesome, too.

You program the chord changes, the style and the meter and tempo.

can u add ur own personal feel to the chords that are played? or are they automatic

I just record a rythm in Audacity (free software), loop it a couple times, play it back and solo over it. Usually ten solid minutes, hahaha.

But if I could, I would get a looper pedal. Especially if I do live performances someday, so I can do solos and rhythm.

Pretty sweet pedal; I've always wanted to take one of those for a spin. Right now the only way I can jam with myself is by looping something in Garageband. But the pedal is pretty practical. I've seen a few solo acoustic performers using them onstage to fill in the empty space.

I just record a rythm in Audacity (free software), loop it a couple times, play it back and solo over it. Usually ten solid minutes, hahaha.

But if I could, I would get a looper pedal. Especially if I do live performances someday, so I can do solos and rhythm.

hey Link what kind of microphone do you use?

For the Mac folks here, GarageBand is pretty fun to jam along with too.

JJ

Man, I want one of those...

I saw a guy use one of those once, but he used it poorly (he tried to loop a rythm he beat out on the body of his guitar, and it sounded sloppy)

You wanna see an awesome use of a loop pedal.. sure youtube for an Usher "Yeah" acoustic gutiar cover.. I'd provide a link but I'm at work. That guy is funny and a great musician.

That's my solution too. Audacity is a winner. It took me a long time to figure out how to loop it in audacity, but then I figured it out, and life was wonderful. :nana:

Top Bottom