PDA

View Full Version : Can't find anyone to jam with? Need to practice solos?

iggy524
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Buy a Boss looper for like $189
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o67FMFtVBzc

I got one recently, and i'm still pretty noob with it.
This is just an example of what it can do.

Stackabones
01-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah, those are a blast. I've got one.

Be sure to also check out the DigiTech JamMan, which has a USB connection (the Boss doesn't).

iggy524
01-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah, those are a blast. I've got one.

Be sure to also check out the DigiTech JamMan, which has a USB connection (the Boss doesn't).

nice, ill chekc it out sometime

UkEdman90
01-21-2009, 08:46 AM
where u lie in cali? i need to jam to!

iggy524
01-21-2009, 09:17 AM
where u lie in cali? i need to jam to!

san francisco. we should set up a meet at san francisco state

UkEdman90
01-21-2009, 09:23 AM
san francisco. we should set up a meet at san francisco state

WOAH! haha lil far for me! im near LA

seeso
01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
If you're by your computer and need to practice solos, Band in a Box is awesome, too.

You program the chord changes, the style and the meter and tempo.

iggy524
01-21-2009, 09:31 AM
WOAH! haha lil far for me! im near LA

oh man, i was near LA this past weekend. if only i knew

iggy524
01-21-2009, 09:32 AM
If you're by your computer and need to practice solos, Band in a Box is awesome, too.

can u add ur own personal feel to the chords that are played? or are they automatic

Link
01-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I just record a rythm in Audacity (free software), loop it a couple times, play it back and solo over it. Usually ten solid minutes, hahaha.

But if I could, I would get a looper pedal. Especially if I do live performances someday, so I can do solos and rhythm.

haole
01-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Pretty sweet pedal; I've always wanted to take one of those for a spin. Right now the only way I can jam with myself is by looping something in Garageband. But the pedal is pretty practical. I've seen a few solo acoustic performers using them onstage to fill in the empty space.

UkEdman90
01-21-2009, 10:47 AM
I just record a rythm in Audacity (free software), loop it a couple times, play it back and solo over it. Usually ten solid minutes, hahaha.

But if I could, I would get a looper pedal. Especially if I do live performances someday, so I can do solos and rhythm.

hey Link what kind of microphone do you use?

Stackabones
01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
if you're by your computer and need to practice solos, band in a box is awesome, too.

i love biab!!!

Ukulele JJ
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
For the Mac folks here, GarageBand (http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/what-is-garageband.html) is pretty fun to jam along with too.

JJ

beeejums
01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Man, I want one of those...

I saw a guy use one of those once, but he used it poorly (he tried to loop a rythm he beat out on the body of his guitar, and it sounded sloppy)

Link
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
You wanna see an awesome use of a loop pedal.. sure youtube for an Usher "Yeah" acoustic gutiar cover.. I'd provide a link but I'm at work. That guy is funny and a great musician.

Stackabones
01-21-2009, 11:05 AM
For the Mac folks here, GarageBand (http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/what-is-garageband.html) is pretty fun to jam along with too.

JJ

I love that, too! I comes with every Mac!

I never thought of myself as a gear hound, but man I've got some stuff! Looper, BIAB, GarageBand, Zoom H4. :rolleyes:

experimentjon
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM

That's my solution too. Audacity is a winner. It took me a long time to figure out how to loop it in audacity, but then I figured it out, and life was wonderful. :nana: