"The Mighty Uke" movie

Captain America

Reaction score
I've seen the trailer only; any comments?

After seeing the movie at Mighty Uke Day II in Michigan, I bought a copy from Tony and Margaret who made the movie. Well worth the cost. It;s available from their website. I own two of the t shirts too.

It's great, and totally worth the money to own a copy.

I bought mine on iTunes quite a while ago. Great movie. Think I will watch it again now that you reminded me.

It talks about the history of the ukulele, the how & why of it's "new" popularity (3rd time's a charm), how the ukulele is taught in Langley schools in Canada, and so much more.
Nice movie!!!! I heard (or read) that some people got into the ukulele after having seen it! :eek:
There are appearances from great ukulele players (James Hill, Jake Shimabukuro, to name the most well known)...

It's not on iTunes France yet; I had to order mine!!!! But I don't regret it!!!

I bought my first uke the morning after seeing this movie. I loved it and it opened my eyes to the fun of the uke.

Thanks for the thread on this. Ordered the movie and a T-shirt too!

I saw it in a bar in Halifax. Tony and Margaret were there to present it. James Hill & Anne Janelle performed a short set after the film. I bought a T shirt, then the DVD when it came out. What a great film, filled with lots of history, and current uke players: Uni, Cool Hand Uke, Lil Rev, and so many more.

Rev

I've seen the trailer only; any comments?

I was okay with it until they got to the part about the Langley Ukulele program. I'm so consumed with jealously now. I'd have loved to have had a program like that were I lived...:( sniff <wipes tear>

I bought a copy a couple of months ago soon after I started this ukulele adventure. I really loved it. I found it inspiring.
Cliff

This was shown on sky tv last year in the uk so I recorded it, since then I have watched it many times, I would recommend to anyone interested in the ukulele.

It's such a beautiful doco, even non-uke folks adore it. The best ukulele film made thus far.

Buy it. Watch it. Share it. Love it. Repeat.

Anyone who likes to smile should own a copy. :)

Top Bottom