FS: 20's Regal Soprano 3k-ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypete

Reaction score
Regal Soprano from the 20's. Curly light Mahogany. Martin 3K-like styling. Bound rosewood fingerboard. Solid Back. Nice effective Friction tuners. One piece back. Purlfing front & Back, but shrinking & separating at the waist. Minor defects, dings. Delicious Craquelure. Not booming, but clean tone and precise intonation. A daisy of an instrument in great condition; a true vintage beauty. More photos:http://s960.photobucket.com/user/mrbillypete/library/Regal Soprano
$300 shipped USA. Paypal preferred.Regal_tuners.jpgRegalBAck.jpgRegalFinger.jpgRegalFront.jpgRegalLAbel.jpg

Last edited:
How much are you looking to get for this uke? I'm not so much interested for myself (Okay, maybe I am as I'm a junky for vintage stuff such as your uke) as I just purchased a Johnny Marvin tenor and a Roy Smeck concert from the 30's last week, but thought you'd get a couple of bites with the price in your listing.

Thanks,
Dan

For what it's worth... I have a fancy Regal in Cuban mahogany that brings me a huge amount of joy. It has a narrower string spacing than Martin/Favilla etc. but is easy to get used to. The sound is slightly smaller than Martin etc. but SOOOO sweet. I feel privileged to have it and to keep it singing.
I can't speak for the OP's particular uke, but can say that these Regals - though not as prized as the big collectables, can be little gems.

gleeclub-1.jpg

This is a picture from Jake Wildwood at Antebellum Instruments who sold me the uke. Thanks Mate, I find myself playing it all the time

Thanks for that. Since you and I are the only souls on the planet who think alike, i will keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom