Replacement Martin bridge pins/strap button ?

strumsilly

Reaction score
I want to put a strap button on my Martin baritone, and thought I'd replace the original cheap plastic bridge pins while I was at it. I've got some "ivoroid" ones from Stewmac, It would be nice to also get the strap button to match, but with the shipping it would be almost 12 bucks. I can get 20 bone ones on ebay for $20 or less. I would only need a few, so
would anyone be interested in splitting this order? or
do You have a bone/ivoroid one to sell me?

The nut on this baby is ebony, as is the binding, the tuners are cream plastic, as are the pins and saddle, so I could either go light [bone] or dark [ebony]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-BONE...411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51b3a74f23

Those vibrations are filtered through the material of the saddle and pins, with certain frequencies coming through clearly and others being muted. Therefore the pins and saddle have a great deal to do with the guitar's tonal properties and how well notes sustain at a given pitch.

Yes, but with the reduced tension on a uke, the effect is minimal, compared to a guitar.

I wrote to Martin about replacement pins for my 1949 concert uke. They answered that ukuleles don't have bridge pins. Not sure what to do next??

I wrote to Martin about replacement pins for my 1949 concert uke. They answered that ukuleles don't have bridge pins. Not sure what to do next??

Have you asked anyone in the Luthier's Forum here at UU if anyone can make you some custom bridge pins?

Top Bottom