Comparison of 5 vintage martin sopranos!

Retrofret

Reaction score
We just recorded this video and thought you guys would enjoy it. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions on how to make these videos better... I'm not much of a uke player!

Jesus, instrument quality really does matter!

Yep all of them are great quality instruments just completely different tones- really depends on what you want to get out of it. Maybe we will do another video with tenors or baritones next.

Great video...it is so interesting how the "same" ukes can sound so completely different... Really enjoyed the comparison.

Thanks and if there are any other instruments in our inventory you would like to hear, just let me know. No obligations of course!

Okay, I'll take them all!

Seriously, you know how to start a Martin lover's UAS. Those style 0's and that first 2 are just simply stunning!

Best Martin sop comparison video that I have ever seen.

Okay, I'll take them all!

Seriously, you know how to start a Martin lover's UAS. Those style 0's and that first 2 are just simply stunning!

Yep they're all very lightly built, light weight, and responsive instruments. Martin certainly knows how to make ukes. We also have the king of martin ukes: the martin 5k, that I plan on demoing next so stay tuned!

Best Martin sop comparison video that I have ever seen.

Thanks I'm glad you liked it. I will learn some more tunes for future videos.

Does one really need more than one 0? Tell me yes! Please! Stan? Hmgberg? Ryan? Steve?:music::wallbash::cheers:

"0" is just a name, and each one is different. so yes ;)

Some of the sound differences in the video can be attributed to strings. It appears that the first two have Aquilla strings and the rest look like Martin strings. To me the Martin strings really give that old ukulele sound.

Some of the sound differences in the video can be attributed to strings. It appears that the first two have Aquilla strings and the rest look like Martin strings. To me the Martin strings really give that old ukulele sound.

I agree, Hans. And some of the strings look older, almost vintage, in the video.

I use only Martin 600s. Others will have their own opinions.

I use Martin M600s on my Style 1 and Style 2, and Worth Brown Mediums on my Style 3, just for something different. The Worths sound nice, too.

Top Bottom