Song Help Request Officially Missing You - Tamia

Beeb0s

Reaction score
Yeah that guy playing on the uke is playing different chords. I think the tabs you have are correct if you strum it the way the original song goes, but if you want to play it like that guy its a little different. I'll have a listen to see if I can get it.

The chords on UG look good. I been playing Gmaj7 instead of G. I think that's what I hear when I listen to tamia, but it might just be selective hearing. This is how I've been playing the chords for the verses:

Gmaj7 - 0222 (instead of G)
F#m - 6654
B7 - 2322
Em7 - 0435
Dm7 - 2213
G6 - 0202 (instead of G7)
Cmaj7 - 0002
Bm7 - 2222
Em - 243X (instead of Em7)
Am - 2003 (instead of Am7)
D7sus - 2233

haven't gotten around to a vid yet, maybe soon. Shooots.

Attachments

• ukesonwall.jpg
    ukesonwall.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 56
Sorry it took awhile, guys. Here's my vid for this song ... all parts played on my Fluke. I'm hoping to help change whatever people might think about Flukes, so hopefully this is just the start of a shift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b14rF6Iotak

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

nice one puremarkska. really love that fluke and all the sounds you got out of it. hopefully more people will come to appreciate it more. keep it up, love your covers

The chords on UG look good. I been playing Gmaj7 instead of G. I think that's what I hear when I listen to tamia, but it might just be selective hearing. This is how I've been playing the chords for the verses:

F#m - 6654
B7 - 2322
Em7 - 0435
Dm7 - 2213
Cmaj7 - 0002
Bm7 - 2222
D7sus - 2233

do those chords go in that order?

F#m - 6654
B7 - 2322
Em7 - 0435
Dm7 - 2213
Cmaj7 - 0002
Bm7 - 2222
D7sus - 2233

how many beats do each chord get? how do you do the picking part in the beginning and what is the strumming pattern?

I'm still having trouble with this song! :mad:

I've watched puremarkska's video over and over and I can't seem to figure out what simple chord goes after F. It goes;

-3---0---?---2---2-
-1---1---?---2---3-
-2---0---?---2---4-
-2---2---?---2---2-

Anybody know that last note he plays? And yes, I capo'd 1st fret and it sounded just like his except for this missing note.

Last edited:
I'm still having trouble with this song! :mad:

I've watched puremarkska's video over and over and I can't seem to figure out what simple chord goes after F. It goes;

-3---0---?---2---2-
-1---1---?---2---3-
-2---0---?---2---4-
-2---2---?---2---2-

Anybody know that last note he plays? And yes, I capo'd 1st fret and it sounded just like his except for this missing note.

all of the chords are in the reply he posted above. so after the Dm7 (2213), he uses a G6 (0202) (instead of the F chord that you use) and follows it with the Cmaj7 (0002)

what about the parts besides the verse&chorus? I wanna learn the whole thing and I been trying to learn but the ones on UG sounds like way off

Sorry it took awhile, guys. Here's my vid for this song ... all parts played on my Fluke. I'm hoping to help change whatever people might think about Flukes, so hopefully this is just the start of a shift.

Brah, your arrangements are freakin :cool: and quite original. Gotta luv 'um and lookin' forward to more.
what about the parts besides the verse&chorus? I wanna learn the whole thing and I been trying to learn but the ones on UG sounds like way off
Maybe try transposing the chords. I'll do that if the vocal range is not in those keys. Another thing is - if the chords are okay and the melody is off, that tends to throw it out of whack. I dunno, just my $.02 . . .

Sorry for the bump, but I think this is the most appropriate place to post the chords that I used in my "Officially Missing You" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hnki2duz-g

Chords (gCEA)

Gmaj7 (0222)
F#m (2120)
B7 (2322)
Emin7 (4435)
Dmin7 (2213)
G6 (0202)
Cmaj7 (0002)
D6 (2222)
Em11 (2432)
Amin7 (0000)
D7sus4 (2233)

Keep repeating this progression until "now I don't even know you at all," except replace D7sus4 with B7 (2322).

Then play:
Cmaj7 (0002)
D6 (2222)
Emin (0432)
C#m7b5 (0102)
Cmaj7 (0002)
D6 (2222)
Em11 (2432)
Amin7 (0000)
D7sus4 (2233)

Then for the next part, "well I thought I could just get over you, baby," play these chords:

F (2010)
G (0232)
Cmaj7 (0002)
F (2010)
G (0232)
Cmaj7 (0002)
Am (2000)
Bm7 (2222)
Em (0432)
D6 (2222)
C#m7b5 (0102)
Cmaj7 (0002)
D7sus4 (2233)

And then repeat the first progression until the end!

Hope this helps!

-Jmic

LOL, it seeems like it, doesn't it? I'm get a little meticulous sometimes when it comes to chords. This particular song was really hard... the main progression itself is really long, so people think it actually repeats for the entirety of the song, but it doesn't. So that's why I wanted to be super-extra-thorough with this one. :)

PS. Happy New Year UU! :) I just got home, LOL.

I completely blame you for my recent Fluke purchase. Actually, that's a lie. Deach and all of the Fluke players on UCB should get some blame too. And I have to say, that the Fluke has been the uke that has impressed me the most out of all of my purchases. I really had not expected how playable it would be or how loud the projection would be, especially for the price. And it's still just running Hilos, so when I upgrade the strings, it can only get better. Even the passive pickup works very well on my practice amp.

My dad, being an engineer, told me the reason that it works so well is because there is very minimal bracing on the soundboard, similar to what Kanilea does to make their instruments loud. The triangular shape itself makes the instrument strong and reducing the need for bracing. So basically, even though it looks silly, it works very well...and the fact that it can stand up is a real winner.

Now I want to figure out how I can get a custom Fluke like Adelle's. If anyone knows how, and how much it would cost, PM me.

As for this song, I had totally forgotten about Tamia. I am so glad I found this thread, and I'm going to make this the song for my weekend...and possibly for the month as I learn it and figure out some pickings.

I completely blame you for my recent Fluke purchase.

Hahah ... good! :D When I posted the video I was feeling pretty bad that Flukes were getting such a bum wrap. I'm glad the perception has started to change, at least a little bit. Don't forget Jmic - he's a Fluker, too!

Top Bottom