New Blackbird Uke

Skinny Money McGee

Reaction score
Looks like Blackbird Guitars is coming out with a new Concert Uke made of "E-Koa", whatever that is. Here's the announcement I just received via email...

Would be nice if a UU member could attend this.. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, take some pictures, play it, and report back.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds

Attachments

• 2013-11-07_141629.jpg
    2013-11-07_141629.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
I received the same email. I am very curious myself.

How many of you out there have the blackbird tenor? I've had mine for nearly two years now and love it so much.

I have a Blackbird tenor, which I love. I'm very interested in the new Clara and eagerly await some reports.

I have the tenor, interested in this concert size as well. I know there are several UU'rs in that area that could RSVP and attend. I'm sure Joe would be very pleased if someone showed up, posted some pictures, and wrote a review/preview here. It would be interesting to watch them build one too.

While I'm in SoCal, I have a potential trip up there and will coordinate around that time if possible. I'd love to attend and would certainly post pics and thoughts.

Last edited:
It is small so everyone will have room for one... oh wait, this is true for most ukes.

I am digging out the humidifiers this weekend and wish I have gotten a Blackbird tenor. Now I have two Blackbirds on the short list.

Its great to have another baby coming- luckily she sings and doesn't cry- I don't think I could handle that again!
ultrasound clara facebook.jpg

I am very interested in Clara. I've played the tenor size and thought it had a great sound, especially with the strings that were spec'd on it. Thanks for the teaser image Joe. Keep those coming.

Looks great Joe! Any hint at what the odds are in the future of stretching that baby's neck out a couple more inches for us long-finger scale'ers?
We'll see, but next up will likely be a guitar made of Ekoa. As an aside, to achieve vintage tone wood sound quality, we had to create our own composite material- hence the new material name- Ekoa

I will be attending the event and am excited to check it out. Will plan to post pics and thoughts on "the new addition". Anyone else going to be there?

Top Bottom