In Honolulu now!!!! at Equus hotel

srpompon

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning will go to HMS for my Koolau CS moon spruce!!!!

Sr Pompon

Enjoy the Aloha. We'll be wanting some pics.

Check out Waimea Falls if you have the time

does Andrew know you are going to HMS to pick it up?
he has it at the Ko'olau shop in Wahiawa...I was at HMS in Haleiwa today...make sure you and Andrew on the same page...

I wanted to buy that one but you got it before me...so I ordered a Ko'olau CS with Indonesian Rosewood and Redwood top....I live in the same town as Ko'olau so I picked my wood from Noa...I just have to wait now...

congrats on the beautiful Ko'olau....enjoy your vacation!

yea! I have a week and and jeep! I want to know a lot

try to stay away from the North Shore(Haleiwa) on the weekend...traffic very bad...
but during the week(Mon-Fri) not to much traffic....

have fun!

Ya, Len's right. It's in Wahiawa, at Ko'olau. But you gotta come to Ko'olau to meet the makers of your uke. Me and Corey have a business meeting there from 9-10 and then we are going to hike the Ka'aawa trail into the Ko'olau mountain range to shoot pictures for his album. You are welcome to come with us, but it is an advanced hike. Rope climbing at points and very vertical. You can jump in and it's about as breathtaking scenic as it gets. But no kids... let me know. Otherwise we can still meet at Ko'olau and you can go Haleiwa after. I was waiting for your email....
my cell is (808)781-9168

Hey Ivan,
I was thinking it out and people kind of freak out on this trail. Meet us at Ko'olau at 10. Then go Haleiwa and spend some time with Aaron and Mike Love. Two amazingly cool guys and a room with 300 unique ukuleles. (your Ko'olau is smoke them all!)

Andrew, you're a hiker, too? Man, you and I have much in common. I'm beginning training for a 2015 hike up all the 4000 foot+ mountains in New Hampshire--in 30 days! How many? 48 mountains! It'll be tough, but (a few) others have done it. You're welcome to join if you can get away from the business for a month.

In Hawaii, I keep seeing videos of "Bear Claw". lol You done that one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_4A-gTPjk

Or hopping the fence and doing Haiku Stairway to Heaven.

Last edited:
Hey Ivan,
I was thinking it out and people kind of freak out on this trail. Meet us at Ko'olau at 10. Then go Haleiwa and spend some time with Aaron and Mike Love. Two amazingly cool guys and a room with 300 unique ukuleles. (your Ko'olau is smoke them all!)

Great!! Could you please tell me the Koolau exact address for the gps? How long would the tip take I want to arrive at time.

I will bring alfajores and conitos de dulce de Leche from argentina!!

Ivan

Andrew, you're a hiker, too? Man, you and I have much in common. I'm beginning training for a 2015 hike up all the 4000 foot+ mountains in New Hampshire--in 30 days! How many? 48 mountains! It'll be tough, but (a few) others have done it. You're welcome to join if you can get away from the business for a month.

In Hawaii, I keep seeing videos of "Bear Claw". lol You done that one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_4A-gTPjk

Or hopping the fence and doing Haiku Stairway to Heaven.

Oh super cool Steve, Yes, I love scaling up a mountain. But I don't get off on danger. Hawaiian mountains are dangerous because they are constantly breaking down. Which is why older islands like BI or Maui don't have the jutting ranges Oahu or Kauai do. Never trust volcano rock. People have died on this trail but I never felt compromised though because I respect the seriousness. On the other hand I got a massive head injury surfing at pipeline and some whip lash from a car accident. Life is full of danger. This trail goes back to three waterfalls into the middle of the island and when you come we should go, insanely beautiful. Only reason I'm going tomorrow though (later today) is because there is a certain spot I am gonna get a shot of Corey. Camera will be like his eyes as he plays at the edge of a cliff overlooking the east side. I'm gonna photoshop in a huge moon though...like he's on another planet. (Looks super cool in my head). Maybe I just want an excuse to go hiking.

Ivan, it's 401 N. Cane St Wahiawa 96786
Come as early as you want but me and Corey have some tax balogne from 9-10. You can hang with Noa though if you are early.
Ok, off to bed..

Ivan, please do post photos of this new KoOlau. It sounds like a gorgeous ukulele. And to get to pick it up in person, and see those that built it, and then go to HMS next...holy moly...you have quite a day! Post photos of your day...us jealous armchair travelers would love to see it. Love!

I see, Andrew. I never knew that--- crumbly volcanic rock. I do see reports every so often on mainland TV of people perishing on HI trails. A 40-something guy on Bear Claw, a 23 year old woman on another trail, etc. I see, from your good experience, how risky it can be. Wow. Do be careful, ya. You and Corey. With the prior knocks from your whiplash and the pipe, you don't need another from hiking...you don't want to someday be like Muhammad Ali, eating soup from a straw, if you get my drift. lol Don't want to smash those expensive lenses, either.

You sure are talented with film and photography. Looking forward to seeing that photo(s) with Corey, and to his CD. Cheers, Andrew. --Steve

Last edited:
Oh man, I feel like ditching work and going up to Ko`olau to meet Ivan and see his new ukulele! Need a ride? I already know where it is, and my office is right at Ala Moana center!

I wish. Have a great time, and say "Hi" to Len for me when you get to HMS. Hopefully you get to hear Corey play, I did last time I was at HMS and it was a real treat.

Oh super cool Steve, Yes, I love scaling up a mountain. But I don't get off on danger. Hawaiian mountains are dangerous because they are constantly breaking down. Which is why older islands like BI or Maui don't have the jutting ranges Oahu or Kauai do. Never trust volcano rock. People have died on this trail but I never felt compromised though because I respect the seriousness. On the other hand I got a massive head injury surfing at pipeline and some whip lash from a car accident. Life is full of danger. This trail goes back to three waterfalls into the middle of the island and when you come we should go, insanely beautiful. Only reason I'm going tomorrow though (later today) is because there is a certain spot I am gonna get a shot of Corey. Camera will be like his eyes as he plays at the edge of a cliff overlooking the east side. I'm gonna photoshop in a huge moon though...like he's on another planet. (Looks super cool in my head). Maybe I just want an excuse to go hiking.

That's really going the extra mile. Literally. Can't wait to see the photos and hear the music.

Wow, the people from HMS and Koolau are genius, no way to put photos from this cellular, promise tomorrow I get a notebook and up some pics.

Thanks Andrew!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom