Corey's Album!

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
I am really happy to have been able to bring some amazing musicians into this project for Corey's album that's getting mastered next week!

You guys know Imua Garza? He is one of the most amazing uke players ever and gives tutorials here on UU, BUT, the thing with Imua ... he's ridiculous amazing on pretty much every instrument. We got him to play bass on some of the tracks.

You guys know Kilin Reece? He used to work at Koolau and now runs his own repair shop and sells on ebay sometimes too. (paradise ukulele) Well he plays lap steel on much of the album. Total natural. Eli Oguma, a full time setup tech here at HMS (+Sing the Body) adds drums...

We were done with this album a year ago at another studio and I went to Kelli Cruz at Soul Sound for help. She started over from scratch. No click, no plug ins, all mics, all atmosphere...
one sneak listen for our friends here-
The Mystery - Corey Fujimoto
A few weeks away... hope people like it

Haunting...wow

Nice Andrew! great Corey.......

I am so excited for Coreys album!
From what I've heard so far, it is gonna be one of the best albums I've bought this year!

Are there any EST on the release date, besides a few weeks? :)

This is a beautiful track. The lap steel adds a haunting quality that is just lovely. Can't wait for this album to be released!

Definitely, definitely going to buy it. I really enjoy Corey's playing--I listen to his uke demos for fun. :D

Oh, and I have to add that I prefer the sound of a uke recorded acoustically. It's not that I dislike one that's recorded from a pickup, but sometimes it sounds too "digital" to me.

Last edited:
That is wonderful! All the best Corey!!

I have listened to Corey's "The Mystery" on youtube (he had two versions) a gazillion times. That track just grabs me. It is mysterious, just like the title. Somehow doesn;t even sound like a ukulele. It's super loooow sounding, but none of that mamby-pamby low G stuff. And, for anyone that has seen it: can this cat stretch his fingers or what! (yep, there's two versions on there now if you search it -- the older one you can see his fingers, for the adventurous who want to try and play it. lol)

Three cheers for Corey F!

Last edited:
Can't wait!

Beautiful tone. Definitely going to grab a copy when it's out.

Very nice!

Fantastic stuff. I've never bought a uke album before - might have to change all that! :D

I have never bought one either... just a track here or there on iTunes. This may be my first.

What I like about Corey is his grasp of some of the more important aspects of music... Most prominently, his sense of dynamics. There are many players out there that play all the right notes, but the music comes off as uninteresting. This is decidedly not so with Corey.

I am really happy to have been able to bring some amazing musicians into this project for Corey's album that's getting mastered next week!

You guys know Imua Garza? He is one of the most amazing uke players ever and gives tutorials here on UU, BUT, the thing with Imua ... he's ridiculous amazing on pretty much every instrument. We got him to play bass on some of the tracks.

You guys know Kilin Reece? He used to work at Koolau and now runs his own repair shop and sells on ebay sometimes too. (paradise ukulele) Well he plays lap steel on much of the album. Total natural. Eli Oguma, a full time setup tech here at HMS (+Sing the Body) adds drums...

We were done with this album a year ago at another studio and I went to Kelli Cruz at Soul Sound for help. She started over from scratch. No click, no plug ins, all mics, all atmosphere...
one sneak listen for our friends here-
The Mystery - Corey Fujimoto
A few weeks away... hope people like it

Awesome. Really enjoyed it.

Please post as soon as the album is available. Hopefully just few more weeks, and in time for the Holidays.

Has there been any updated news about Corey's album? I know, I know - it has only been a month. :anyone:

I just wrote Andrew from Hawaii Music Supply yesterday, and asked him if he knew anything about the album.
He gave this very exciting reply!

Corey's album should be out in the next day or two on iTunes. Another week or so with hard copy. Thx!

Looking forward to it! :)

I want I want I want!

(for those of you that have no dedicated ukulele albums, with superb offerings from Kalei Gamiao, Brittni Paiva and Taimane Gardner, not to mention Eddie Vedder, all within the last year or two...tsk tsk tsk! How do you sleep at night?)

Last edited:
I just wrote Andrew from Hawaii Music Supply yesterday, and asked him if he knew anything about the album.
He gave this very exciting reply!

Looking forward to it! :)

Great! I hope they put it on Amazon too.

Top Bottom