Redwood & Pau Ferro Tenor

Jason Wolverton

Reaction score
Here's a video of my latest tenor ukulele. It's old redwood and pau ferro back and sides.

The uke has 20 frets, so I had to include that note in the arrangement... just for kicks.

The tune is Luis Bonfa's Manha de Carnival. The song is hauntingly beautiful and a little sad, so my arrangement is free and melodic. I included some video shot on lonely beaches in my home town of Laguna Beach.

Hope you enjoy it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuxMvqcPoYg&feature=youtu.be

Very nice Jason.....

That's a beauty Jason. Pau Ferro is a very underused wood. It's beautiful, and inexpensive and compares with well with any rosewood.

Sweet, Nice combination of warmth and bell-like tones

Thanks xyz, and Phil.

Since I'm a classical guitarist (and primarily a classical guitar builder) I tend to want sounds that lend themselves to fingerstyle type playing.

For those of you who are wondering, this uke is 100% uke. It's not a mini classical guitar. It has an impressive punch..and is smooth and resonant. I have purchased vintage Martin tenors online hoping that I would get a sound like this but never did. This is a great uke

Thanks xyz, and Phil.

Since I'm a classical guitarist (and primarily a classical guitar builder) I tend to want sounds that lend themselves to fingerstyle type playing.

Very nice looking uke and great song to show off it's excellent sound. Definitely seems like a great value in his ukes. Will be keeping an eye on yet another luthier's web site...

Beautiful arrangement! What a lovely sounding ukulele! Very impressive!

Top Bottom