UAS strikes again...

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
So here we go again. I happened to see a Lanikai 6 string tenor on eBay. I decided to bid on it. I put 150 as my max bid and thought, "Hey, what the hell. I probably won't win it...." BOY WAS I WRONG! Haha I won the damned thing.

HS_O-6E.gif

Features:

* SIZE: Tenor 6-String
* TOP: Solid Spruce
* BACK/SIDES: Ovangkol
* FRETBOARD: Rosewood
* ELECTRONICS: Shadow® P3 Active
* FRETS: 18
* MACHINES: Gold
* w/Pearl Buttons

Sweet! I won it for (including shipping & insurance) for $130!

I'll have some pics and a vid up the day it comes. :D

*sighs* This is number 11 for me. My name is Matt and I have a problem. :music:

[EDIT] How fitting for a 300th post. :D

Damned UAS!

Congrats. Looks like the same model that nukedoc pimped out.

Funny thing. I actually heard that this was the model that he pimped out and I bid on it because of that. If I don't like the 6 string I may have to mod it into a 4 string. :D

Funny thing. I actually heard that this was the model that he pimped out and I bid on it because of that. If I don't like the 6 string I may have to mod it into a 4 string. :D

Are they still tuned EADGBe?

With an octave higher C and octave lower A for a very full sound. That's quite a deal JumpingFlea! Perhaps now you can accompany yourself, after recording your strumming of course...unless you can play with your feet ;).

Wow.. I always thought it was EADGBe and therefore didn't see the point. Now I am very intrigued.

With an octave higher C and octave lower A for a very full sound. That's quite a deal JumpingFlea! Perhaps now you can accompany yourself, after recording your strumming of course...unless you can play with your feet ;).

It will be a really nice accompany. The full sound of the 6 string Tenor with a Soprano? I like it already. :D

Did you keep the stock strings? If not, what did you upgrade to?

I have thus far-- just out of laziness. It takes forever to TUNE eight strings, let alone replace 'em. But I have some Aquilas I'm going to put on there when I get the time.

This thread reminds me that I'm interested in a KoAloha 6-string (not D-VI).

UAS?? What's that???

UAS?? What's that???

It's a thing that kind of follows the laws of thermodynamics. (ie. energy cannot be created or destroyed only modified in form) wherein money that you have is transferred and modified into ukuleles until equilibrium is reached or you run out of money whichever comes first.

Occasionally too many ukuleles will accrue and then they will be converted back into money and the cycle continues.

While still theoretically possible, the precise point of actual ukulele equilibrium is unknown and can only be postulated at this time. The research continues.

*sighs* This is number 11 for me. My name is Matt and I have a problem. :music:

[EDIT] How fitting for a 300th post. :D[/QUOTE]

HI MATT! first step is admitting you have a problem, but i want you to know that this is a safe place for you. this support group supports this kind of addiction. haha.. there is no need for a patch or step program.. just the simple group that will help encourage you. hahaha.. its a beautiful uke.. congrats.. so are you itchin to play.. cant get your fix yet.. but soon.. the strumming of the strings will soothe your pain.. haha:music::music:

Top Bottom