Hoping you can help

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I put this in tech support but the response I am getting is tie a bigger knot. This may be the best thing to do but it is not working. I have also been told to use a bead on the end of the string. I appreciate their advice there but I wanted to post here in case some of you might have another idea and did not see my other post.
I am having trouble keeping my "A" string in the slot on the bridge. It just popped out. Here is a pic of what happened:
photo.jpg
This is on a koaloha concert sceptre if that makes a difference.
Is there any kind of repair I can do? Should I take it to a luthier? Should I just use the "bead" repair.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dean

Looks like it took a fair sized chip with it when it popped out. If you don't have woodworking experience I doubt any repair I could have you try would hold up to string tension. Rather than use a bead I would just tie the string around a short piece of a round toothpick to spread the force over as wide an area as possible. It could certainly be repaired and it can't hurt to have a local luthier look at it, but either the price or the guarantee may not be what you want to hear.

I was under the impression that KoAloha warranted this sort of stuff. I could be wrong though. So one option is to contact them about repairs. Most likely it's going to involve some shipping costs and weather that is a viable outcome or not is up to you.

The other is to use the bead option.

I come across this quite a lot with with novice uke'rs..Learning to tie the knots, is the way to go....With soprano strings I give the "A & G" string a 5 loop knot... the "E" gets a 2 loop knot and the "C" a 1 loop Knot....I was going to draw a sketch showing how I do it..But I decided to make a short video of it instead (coming soon) co's I like messing around with my iPad :eek:

That would be great...look forward to seeing it. Thanks

thanks all. I am going to tie the knot properly now and see if that helps!

Top Bottom