Kinnard All Walnut Tenor

Bumgardner

Reaction score
Update pics added on page 3!

Back in September I contacted Kevin at Kinnard Ukes about building a custom tenor. My uke has been in progress for awhile now so I thought I would go ahead and post some of the pictures that Kevin has sent. It should be completed soon.

p699747257-2.jpg

p997943321-2.jpg

p863433900-2.jpg

p743166900-2.jpg

p689018132-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. That is some nice figure in that walnut!

Since I, ahem, already own a Kinnard all walnut, let me be one of the first to congratulate you! ;) Mine is not custom but couldn't resist it when it showed up on the Kinnard site.

As Hodge says, the figure on yours is really nice. You can bet that once John is done with the finish it will be beautiful. I look forward to watching your custom take shape.

That is one great looking woodset. John really has some magnificent looking walnut. I just sent Kevin an email this morning complimenting he and John on the new walnut tenor with the three series binding in their Gallery.

Yours should be equally as nice!

Beautiful Walnut!!!

Walnut is one of my favorite tone woods for ukulele, and John Kinnard builds wonderful sounding ukuleles, yours is sure to look and sound fantastic, congratulations!

A few more pictures. The binding is now on. Tomorrow the neck will be set.

p322120176-3.jpg

p326441972-3.jpg

p333791253-3.jpg

p298612884-3.jpg

Last week I got the word from Kevin that my Uke was complete and he sent me his beauty shots of it. Needless to say it looked stunning. Here are his shots.

p1007532088-4.jpg

p1065127860-4.jpg

p798395952-4.jpg

p810772421-4.jpg

Yesterday my Uke arrived. It was a long wait for it to warm up, but by 8:00pm it was ready to unpack.

This ukulele is simply stunning. John Kinnard did an amazing job with the details. The finish is perfect, the binding is perfect, the fretjob is amazing. The action and the intonation are spot on all the way up the neck.

The tone is what really gets me. It is awesome! This ukulele produces more overtones than any other ukulele I have played. It also has sustain for days.

It was really a pleasure to work with Kevin to create this ukulele. If I were to build another custom ukulele I would have John do it again with out a doubt.

I will get some of my own pictures of the ukulele soon and post them up. I will also get a sound sample up sometime after Christmas.

That looks fabulous! The figure in the walnut is exceptional.
Congratulations!

Congratulations. I saw that on John's site earlier tonight, along with another very special uke for another UU member. John's work is certainly top notch.

Absolutely wonderful. A superb Christmas present for you. The figuring is excellent. That walnut will open up for a while! Congratulations!

Gorgeous looking uke. Is that 13 frets to the body? Mine is currently in the build stage and can't wait for completeion.
Happy Strummin......

Very nice...John as usual did an excellent job on your ukulele. Visited Kevin last weekend and I think that I got to see your ukulele there. Also got to see a 6 string tenor which impressed me very much. Its tonal qualities equaled if not surpassed my 6 string Kamaka.

Gorgeous looking uke. Is that 13 frets to the body? Mine is currently in the build stage and can't wait for completeion.
Happy Strummin......

Is yours a 6 string? If so, I got to see it std his past Saturday. It sounded fantastic.

Top Bottom