For a dear UU friend of mine: a new multi-track music video :-)

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Hi, folks! Here's my second attempt doing a multi-track music video using GarageBand and iMovie on my iPad. This is a new original song that I recently wrote called "The Break-up/Make-up Song." This song came to life in my heart and mind as I have a dear friend here on UU going who is going through some tough times. It is also inspired by a personal experience of my own. I hope you enjoy the song and video! Thanks for watching! :)

P.S. Oh, yeah -- I played this with my Martin T1K tenor with PhD strings and I used a capo for the first time! I can't forget to add that my other instrument in this video was a bottle of Vitamin D soft gels (who woulda thunk it?)!

Last edited:
Amazing Chelley..you are getting even better than ever..wow sure enjoyed it girl.....hope all is well..:)

Absolutely fabulous work Chelle, you have penned a real beauty! If UU had an annual achievement award I would be voting for you! Your progress over the last year has been totally outstanding!
where's the "LIKE" button when you need it.

Chelle, this is so lovely, just a beautiful, special, precious song. Wonderful stuff. Thanks for the lump in the throat. :)

Very nicely done. You just keep getting better and better.

Absolutely fabulous work Chelle, you have penned a real beauty! If UU had an annual achievement award I would be voting for you! Your progress over the last year has been totally outstanding!

Oh my goodness, Campbell, you have made my entire year saying that -- thank you from the bottom of my heart! It means so much to me!!! I wouldn't be here without all of the support and encouragement you've lavished upon me along my journey! You have inspired me to keep reaching past my comfort zone and just keep following my heart! :)

Amazing Chelley..you are getting even better than ever..wow sure enjoyed it girl.....hope all is well..:)

Thank you, Stan, for your wonderful comments and support -- I always feel like you're rooting for me and "have my back" along my uke journey in growing as a player, songwriter, and a, dare I say, a *singer*! I know I am no virtuoso, pop diva, or anything, but you always make me feel like a million bucks just for putting forth my best effort and trying to learn new things! Thank you for recognizing my hard work and dedication -- I am so grateful to you!

where's the "LIKE" button when you need it.

Chelle, this is so lovely, just a beautiful, special, precious song. Wonderful stuff. Thanks for the lump in the throat. :)

Hi, Jon!!! I am SOOOOO happy that you liked this song!!! Did it really make you get a lump in your throat? Cuz, man, if it did, I would feel that I achieved one of my goals -- it was song written from the heart and I hoped it would reach into the hearts of those that heard it and watched the video. Thank you for watching and taking time to also write such lovely words to me -- you are such an inspiration to me in my playing, I'll have you know (but, I've told you that many-a-time over, I know)! :)

Very nicely done. You just keep getting better and better.

Hi, Richard! Thank you kindly for your wonderful feedback, encouragement, and support! I am truly, wholeheartedly appreciative! :)

Totally blown away by your song. Chelle this is just marvelous.

Yay, Myrna!!! I am so happy you checked it out!!! It may sound silly to say this, but reading your comments made me feel like a rock star!!! Thanks for giving me such an awesome warm fuzzy feeling! I am so excited that you liked the song and video! Thanks so much for watching it and writing to me about your thoughts! Woooohoooo!!! Cool! :-D

Last edited:
Lovely stuff Chelle.

Excellent! Beautiful. Great production.

I would love to know the workflow you used to get it all together.

I'm quite interested in doing a multivideo myself but don't know what the best way to do this is.

YOur music and performance were beautiful, and from the heart. Thanks for sharing!

Lovely stuff Chelle.

Hi, UkeyDave!!! So happy you checked out the vid and thanks a ton for your thoughtful comment! Btw, we still need to do that collab project together (I apologize that I dropped the ball on that one!)! Do you you still want to do the one we discussed before or do you have something else in mind? Let me know! :)

Excellent! Beautiful. Great production.

I would love to know the workflow you used to get it all together.

I'm quite interested in doing a multivideo myself but don't know what the best way to do this is.

YOur music and performance were beautiful, and from the heart. Thanks for sharing!

Hi there, Olarte! It's great to see your feedback and thank you so much for taking time to share your wonderful thoughts with me! I would love to talk with you about how I went about making the video -- PM me if you have some time and I can tell you what I've learned! In a nutshell, though, I use my iPad with GarageBand and iMovie, but I recently got a new laptop PC that has Windows Movie Maker and I think I'll download Audacity to use for the multi-tracking component. Thanks so much, again, for watching and for such super support of my vid project! :)

Well done! Glad to hear the T1K with PhDs. Lovely!

Hi, Maiden Uke! Thanks so very much for checking out my video -- it's great to see your comment and hear from you! It's actually kind of funny timing, too, as I literally just finished reading your thread over on Uke Talk about the Martin IZ model. I saw that you, too, play on a Martin T1K like me -- cool!!! I love mine! I am excited to hear what you think about the models you try when you go to Nazareth -- please let me know what you think! I didn't even know about the Iz model, but after checking out the pic (I didn't watch the NAMM vid yet that someone posted), it looks beautiful! I would imagine it sounds as lovely as it looks! Can't wait to hear your impressions and thanks so much, again, for watching my lil' video! :)

Top Bottom