New Uke Magazine- Ukulele Rhythms

pakhan

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I've been working with a lot of talented folks to produce a Ukulele magazine. We've called it Ukulele Rhythms and we've just published the preview issue- it is entirely free to read! For the preview issue, we are very lucky to have contributions from Kimo Hussey, Sarah Maisel, Kevin Carroll, Jose Bernardo and Jim Tranquada. We've also interviewed Chuck Moore and Larry Robinson to bring you as high quality content as we can get!

We would love your opinions on the magazine- and any feedback on how we can improve.

The issue can be viewed online here Or

you may wish to download the entire PDF file, through a simple signup process here.

We hope you enjoy the preview issue.

Warmest regards,
Terence

Last edited:
Very nicely done. Kudos.

Looks very nice; good contributors. I think the compelling thing you've got here are good photos. Hope you advance to a print version soon!

Whoa! Just flipped through it as I have to get to work but I can tell i will be going back to read it all. BTW, I found the picture on page 17 to be particularly intereresting after an article on right hand technique. :p

Nicely done!

Thanks for sharing. If that was a printed magazine, the cost would be very high as magazine subscriptions go. I think I'll subscribe.

Looks great and very informative. I love the digital format so that I can keep them on my iPad for perusal at any time.

I have an idea for you. I have been enjoying so many great photos of gorgeous ukes I was thinking about contacting some of the noteworthy's to contribute photos to a uke calendar for 2014. I know it's late for such a project but with digital these days timelines are compressed. Might be a great project for you to help promote the new mag. I suspect a lot of people in this forum would enjoy a uke calendar with high quality photos.

Great look and feel along with a nice mix of content. Nice job!

I enjoyed your magazine as well! as a professional designer who does print and digital magazines, I can understand the savings of doing digital only. But, I have yet to really enjoy reading magazines full time on my laptop or desktop. An iPad may be a better medium for me, but I don't have one. It would be great if you could do a print version but I understand if for cost reasons if digital is the best option.

Your design, photography and articles are all GREAT! Keep up the good work, I'll be a subscriber for sure!

My ukulele is in your magazine!!!!!

Very nice magazine.

Aloha guys,

Thanks for the feedback! We're really humbled by the response we've gotten today.

Jim's spotted our little easter egg, as part of the fun of putting together the magazine, we try to have something for the eagle eyed reader to spot- like a reversed image of Kimo... I guess that is what happens when you stare at the same articles for too long.

Phil & Patrick have it totally correct- a print magazine would be prohibitively expensive unless we have many thousands of readers. Actually it isn't the print costs which are high, but the distribution costs (which often cost more than the actual magazine!).

However, if we can get enough subscribers, it is certainly something we can explore.

Warmest regards,
Terence

Absolutely wonderful Terence! In every aspect. Yes, I'm an old-schooler who enjoys the tactile sensation of having a copy in my hands but until such time as that is viable for you, I will treasure this. You have another subscriber brother, many thanks to all who have mad this first edition a reality.

Looks great Terence. Well done mate. We here are all looking forward to many more issues :)

Great magazine, Terence! You obviously put a lot of work into it. Count me in as a subscriber.

By the way, I'm still loving my Maestro Mango Concert ukulele from www.dreamukes.com

Top Bottom