Ukulele Tee Shirts

SeaArtNancy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!
Having spent a good portion of my career designing and creating merchandise for "that fellow that sings about cheeseburgers"- I've decided to start my own little company designing some really fun tee shirts based on my love for our favorite instrument...am working on several rough sketches currently, featuring -Mermaids, Hawaiian critters, hula girls, and beach scenes!!!!
Any suggestions- happy thoughts and ukulele hugs would be most appreciated!!!!!!
Nancy

I look forward to seeing your designs. Favorite colors include white, black, yellow, taupe, and teal.

Sounds exciting.

No requests, though; I'll wear anything if it has an ukulele on it!

I look forward to seeing your designs; I was thinking in terms of ukes, Palm trees and parrots, but after viewing your artwork on your profile page I see that your design skills greatly surpass mine. :D

Wow I totally love your paintings. Beautiful. One idea that came to mind would be a uke version of this one you did. Either headstocks or something like that. ?

attachment.php

Anyway, good luck. Maybe we can sell them at TheUkuleleSite too. Let me know when you do some if you want more exposure.

You should make one with a chord chart of all the basic (or just most common) chords. I bet that would be a riot!

Nancy; great art. But I never wear t-shirts unless I'm playing tennis. How about a Hawaiian or bowling style shirt?

I would think a bowling shirt would permit silk-screening.

I've always had an appreciation for the artwork used on the WPA posters from the New Deal Era. Has anyone ever attempted to make a uke design in this style?

Bill

Hi Everyone- All awesome suggestions!!!!!! I've been thinking so much about this project and totally appreciate any exposure and all your enthusiasm!!!! I've created just about every type of art style out there for M'ville, so a fun diverse offering of designs will be coming along as soon as I wrap up a big portrait commission! And Andrew- I can create custom art for the Ukulele Site as well!!!!
Hugs to all!
Your fellow "strum-junkie"- Nancy

I second the idea of a WPA style graphic. With winter not just knocking on the door, but actually pushing its way in, I'd like to see long sleeve t-shirt options.

Maybe a Cthulukulele.

I like AndrewK's headstock idea. I'll add to that, and to the others, that if there is any text, the "uke" used for "you" is way overdone, and I like alternatives to the standard island/etc. theme -- maybe seeing the ukulele in a non-traditional setting.

Just google for images of hapa haole song (Little Grass Shack, Ukulele Lady, etc) sheet music covers or some old time 'uke songs (I'll See You in My Dreams, Tonight You Belong to Me, etc.) and you might get some inspiration. Just drop in a 'uke.
Hoping to buy a t-shirt from you some day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom