WTB: Concert Solid Wood Uke under $300.00

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hello All, if any of you are wanting to see your concert and want to give it to a new home, I'm looking for one with a 1 3/8 in. neck. Needs to be a near 10 as it's for my daughter who I'm upgrading from her 40.00 Lanikai soprano. She deserves something nice and I can get one new for this price in several brands but figured I can maybe score her a nice higher end used one from someone on the Underground. If you think you have something that fits the bill, please PM me.

Thanks!

you should get a brand new Koalana Concert for her. handsdown the best sounding solid hog in the price range. but watch for a split in the bookmatching on the back is common.

I own an Oscar Schmidt like the one above, only satin finish. It was my 2nd uke in 2008, I gave it to my daughter in 2009 when she started playing and taking lessons. She still plays it every day and love it. The mahogany as really opened up over the years of play, it has such a loud and sweet tone, great playing neck. Perfect for her small hands. The case is great too. You'd be hard pressed to find a better upgrade for her at that price!

Also, I'm really happy with my Kala, it's solid Acacia and has also opened up nicely over time.

you should get a brand new Koalana Concert for her. handsdown the best sounding solid hog in the price range. but watch for a split in the bookmatching on the back is common.

I completely forgot about that one by KoAloha. The splitting is concerning. That shouldn't happen of course.i did see a few negative reviews on the workmanship but I am not sure they are still available.

Tnx for jogging my brain.

Last edited:
your welcome. other then the back bookmatch not being glued well(not all but some), it is made really really well. its almost like playing a Koaloha, same body, same strings, same headstock, bridge etc. just made of Mahagany instead of hawaiian koa.
so the sound will be the same, just the real koaloha version is a little louder.

forgot to add, you might have a problem finding one. best bet is to call Koaloha and see if they have in stock. even there seconds was super cheap.

I completely forgot about that one by KoAloha. The splitting is concerning. That shouldn't happen of course.i did see a few negative reviews on the workmanship but I am not sure they are still available.

Tnx for jogging my brain.

Last edited:
your welcome. other then the back bookmatch not being glued well(not all but some), it is made really really well. its almost like playing a Koaloha, same body, same strings, same headstock, bridge etc. just made of Mahagany instead of hawaiian koa.
so the sound will be the same, just the real koaloha version is a little louder.

forgot to add, you might have a problem finding one. best bet is to call Koaloha and see if they have in stock. even there seconds was super cheap.

Will do. If I could pick up a KoAloha second for that price, I would jump in a minute. I have the thin body tenor and its on of my favorite production ukes I own. Thanks again

UKE PURCHASED...my hunt is over. Tnx everyone who PM'd. I ended up with a Moku from Mike out of S.F. who I met several times and completely forgot he had really nice solid body and top concerts. I was impressed with them at the last few uke shows I went to but wasn't in the market to buy anything production. I just remembered yesterday and called him up. After a nice conversation, I bought one. I'll do a review and put it up on my YouTube channel once I get it next week.

Last edited:
I have a Ayers/Urulu Pukana la Concert Ukulele Koa(fancy) like new mint +hard case. $300 +shipping. Send me a PM

Have a look at bruko. They are from Germany and are completely had made. I've had a few and they are cracking. Build quality is superb and tone in great. I'm a big fan of them.

Top Bottom