Ukuleles = Healthy (Kp.org)

UkerDrew

Reaction score
If anyone has a better version of this ad image please share it. I'd love to get a better version and I couldn't find one online anywhere. I spotted this on a billboard and was meaning to take a good pic of it but I forgot and now it's gone :(

ukes=healthy.jpg

While I can appreciate the sentiment, I have to say I resent the fact that KP is using my premiums to advertise like this when they just recently sent me notice that they are increasing my monthly premium by over 60% as of January 1. :mad:

While I can appreciate the sentiment, I have to say I resent the fact that KP is using my premiums to advertise like this when they just recently sent me notice that they are increasing my monthly premium by over 60% as of January 1. :mad:

If people were healthier, premiums probably would be lower. Sounds like a positive effort to me, much better than suggesting a pharmaceutical solution to everything (typed as the TV broadcasts yet another disgusting 'ask your doctor if .... can work for you' garbage ad.

I'd much rather see them suggest healthy activity, and advertising is how they get the word out to the public. KP.org might be a separate organization anyway.

Last edited:
The November 2013 issue of Portland Monthly magazine has the advertisement on the third page. The issue should still be available in stores here in PDX.

Bill

When I saw this ad last month, I contacted the Volunteer Services at my local KP to ask if they would like our uke group to play in the main lobby with the ad as a fitting backdrop. They regularly have pianists there, 'tickling the ivories' on a grand piano, so a few uke players shouldn't be a problem, noise-wise.

I was told by the volunteer services manager that in order to play there, we have to be individually INTERVIEWED and have a BACKGROUND CHECK done. :wtf:

I don't think our group will be playing at Kaiser Permanente. We'll just try to stay healthy playing our ukes elsewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom